Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

3D secure code

4 REPLIES 4
Zar786
Ok but what if you are abroad it's expensive to call what do you do.
LorettaM

Total debacle at the bank where staff and personal bankers and Call Centre not aware of Standard Bank rules.

Suddenly cards need the magical 3d verification  and will not work 'on certain service providers' but it worked last mont, but it worked month ago, but it worked on Yuppieched, Bottles and PicknPay and now not.

Private Banker cannot do this, and did not understand problem and I had to call the Fraud centre (??), go hrough the process and told it is fixed.  IT STILL DOES NOT WORK..

Call again and going through a full rigmarole of 'fawlty towers' - security questions ,telling me I have to have the password reset, then cannot find card on their system, then have to re-register for this.Now need new user name created - at this stage I am swearing in frustration.

Then to crown it all, will have a temporary password which I reset and is valid for 90 days.  Then have to call in to have it reset as only they can do it.

It gets better, I now am not registered on bankserver and this has to be done.

ivan006
New Contributor

calling standard bank to find out

1. 1 hours later...
  2. bear with me sir...
  3. let me put u through to online shopping...

for virtual card -

1. open ur phone app.
  2. click on the virtual card.
  3. click set securecode.
  4. remember that code
Kutli10
Community Coordinator

Hi Alex

Thank you for your inquiry. in order to set up your 3D secure code, you need to call into our Card Division on our toll free number 0800 020 600 and they will assist with all matters regarding to 3D Secure Code.

Kind Regards

Kutli

Alex6
Hi, I have a student achiever account which couldn't do online payments so I had to create a virtual card which worked but now the app asks me for a 3D secure code which I have no idea how to create