Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

ATM Fault

7 REPLIES 7
Kajoebels
Occasional Visitor
I just experienced the same error, so frustrating, stood in a queue for mire than an hour as all other machines were out of order for deposits, took the money gave an error then started giving the money back one by one, then said money retracted then closed and gave a slip with a code and money jammed
Mathonsisd
New Contributor
Did you get your money now ?
Mathonsisd
New Contributor
On Saturday 15th of August 2020, I made use of the Standard Bank ATM at Boulders branch to make deposit into my business account,
Upon which the ATM displayed that the transaction could not be concluded as there was a "cash jam", the ATM subsequently returned my bank card. The money was not returned when transaction was terminated, and the money was not returned nor was it allocated to my bank account.
Ruves2000
Visitor

Yesterday round 7:13pm i went to make deposit at clearwater standard bank atm and after inserting my money the machine said jammed and did not return my money. I immediately contacted the number on the atm, which was answered after 15 miniutes only to be told that they would get back to me after investigating the matter. i had to ask the girl why this would take 7 days as i needed the money to be sent eslsewhere urgently. she told me thre was nothing she could do, and i had to ask her what the escalation step was as this was not acceptable. she then said she will sent an email to escalate the matter and if i was not happy i could speak to her supervisor. I was put on another 15min hold before i spoke to the supervisor Mpho, who at least managed to calm me down instead of make the situation worse. But the bottom line is standardard bank has still not got to me. i need the money in my account urgently and definately waiting 7 days for money that the atm took in a matter of seconds is unacceptable.

Maria444
New Contributor
This evening around 6pm, I deposited R1400 at the Nicolway shopping mall Standard Bank ATM. There was a beeping noise and my cash jammed. I received a slip saying there has been a cash jam and that I must visit my branch. I was in shock and furious! I called the number on the ATM machine, which took ages to be answered. When eventually I chatted to the lady, she put me on hold for a good 15mins! Only to come back to tell me it will be solved in 10 days! Otherwise I must go into the branch and they will refund me. BUT now after reading ALL the complaints I am so petrified that I will not get my money back! The machine took 5 seconds to take my deposit, do I need to wait days and days to get my deposit back? I'm so scared that I don't think I will sleep tonight! I will be visiting the branch at exactly 9am, and I'm expecting to receive my deposit straight away, same time as the ATM jammed my money. Well after this, there is no ways I'm ever going to use the ATM to deposit money!
Maria444
New Contributor
This evening around 6pm, I deposited R1400 at the Nicolway shopping mall Standard Bank ATM. There was a beeping noise and my cash jammed. I received a slip saying there has been a cash jam and that I must visit my branch. I was in shock and furious! I called the number on the ATM machine, which took ages to be answered. When eventually I chatted to the lady, she put me on hold for a good 15mins! Only to come back to tell me it will be solved in 10 days! Otherwise I must go into the branch and they will refund me. BUT now after reading ALL the complaints I am so petrified that I will not get my money back! The machine took 5 seconds to take my deposit, do I need to wait days and days to get my deposit back? I'm so scared that I don't think I will sleep tonight! I will be visiting the branch at exactly 9am, and I'm expecting to receive my deposit straight away, same time as the ATM jammed my money. Well after this, there is no ways I'm ever going to use the ATM to deposit money!
Refilwe1
Occasional Visitor
I have a similar problem and now the bank consultants are telling me that I may never get my money.
I deposited money using an ATM and I received a cash jam error now getting the money credited to my account I am sent from pillar to post and standard bank said that they are not responsible for my account going on the negative.

This is unacceptable
Frustratedacc
Frequent Visitor
I had deposited cash into the ATM last week, and upon inserting, cash was retracted .

I have no idea why the s happens with ATMs from standard Bank, I have never encountered this issue using other leading banks.

Nevertheless I called him in to log the fault and the consultant assured me my money would be returned by the 15th. (Which can be confirmed knowing all calls are recorded)

It is now the 16th and I have still not received it. When I called In they have advised that my request is busy in process and I should receive a call back from technical advisor and my request is now escalated.

The service delivery and turnaround time is pathetic as is your ATMs
Furthermore my account was overdrawn and Standard Bank tells me to manage my account better.

Please rectify immediately!
Ref 7017104662