Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Account closed - Urgent

Customer100

My account has been closed (by Standard Bank) and I am unable to do any banking. I tried to deposit money into my account in order to pay my bank fees and important debits, but it reflected as 'account closed'. I don't understand why you will not accept funds that I am trying to pay into the account? I'm trying to give you money, not withdraw from the account. How am I meant to pay for my bank fees if Standard Bank will not accept my payments? I am currently overseas and will be for an indefinite time period. I have phoned on numerous occasions costing me overseas call rates, only to be told that I need to go into the branch. I am not able to go into a branch, this is literally impossible, surely there is another way. Please tell me how I may move forward without going into my branch as I'm not in South Africa. Your urgent response is appreciated.