Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Account closure

2 REPLIES 2
KreeSA
New Contributor

I have an issue with trying to downgrading may account, because I  hoping to keep the account while I am overseas. If I dont get this right I am just going to transfer my money to my international account.  Do they still debt your account when there is no funds in the account?  I have Elite account and they keep debting me R110 every month.  Sent emails same response, go to your nearest banch. So fustrating. 

gw1352

@Bepositive wrote:
Hi,
I have a current account and I have already left South Africa permanently. Can you please advise how I can close my account. I have tried calling support emailed the contacts they requested but all in vain. This forum is my last hope. Please help else the last resort is have to go on social media.
Thank you.

I have the same issue. Left 4 years ago and now want to close account. I phoned customer care and they simply told me they couldnt assist and i would need to go to the branch to close (Eish!!!) Sent emails but no answer ...note, they are still happy to debit account with bank charges etc for an account that has been dorment for ages....frustrating.

Bepositive
Hi,
I have a current account and I have already left South Africa permanently. Can you please advise how I can close my account. I have tried calling support emailed the contacts they requested but all in vain. This forum is my last hope. Please help else the last resort is have to go on social media.
Thank you.