Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Blocked account

starsyshelp

My account was also blocked! I have sold a business a computer system that worked perfectly 

for more than a month until the software expired! 

The client is located in a rural area of Thoyandou with no internet so I left the product registration 

till last! In the end we finished work so late that we forgot to do the product registration resulting in the 

clients computer to ask for the registration deltails! Now the client has contacted standard bank and had my account blocked 

I have also contacted the fraud department and they have asked me to provide proof of payment and a police affidavid witch I 

have done! but still nothing no one is calling me back no one is telling me how far it is or when my account is going to 

be reinstated! 

Please could Evelyn Vermeulen just contact me and tell me what is going on!

My account no os 012920312

JP Botha

my cell number is 0660079987

Thank

you

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Bingo,

Could I kindly ask that your forward your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "blocked account" so that one of our consultants can look into this matter and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Bingo
Why everyone is avoiding us we need to use those accounts or simple give us our money we will take it somewhere else were they give us the service we need
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @twoplusthree,

I can understand your frustration on this and would like to apologise for the inconvenience this has caused to you. Could I kindly ask that your forward your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "blocked account" so that one of our consultants can look into this matter and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

twoplusthree
Visitor

On Friday 6 April 2019 I received payment in my Standard Bank account for something I sold online. On Monday 8 April I discovered my account has been blocked without my knowledge. Only after making calls to first the call center and then to the fraud department did I realise the transaction was being investigated for fraud. I was told to submit the proof of payment with an affidavit to the fraud department, which I did. However, no-one has been able to update me on the situation since then. I've made multiple calls to the fraud department without any help. I don't even understand why the transaction is being investigated for fraud, and in the mean time my account is blocked. I DESPERATELY need access to this account as I'm expecting funds from my medical aid.

Earlier today I phoned the Standard Bank complaints department. I was promised a callback in two hours, but I still haven't heard anything. My reference number is 7023609070.

I can't believe the poor service I'm receiving from Standard Bank. I've been a loyal customer for almost 20 years but I'm seriously considering switching banks now. If I can just talk to someone to get an explanation of what's going on it would be great.