Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Blocked account

24 REPLIES 24
Gu4
New Contributor
Thanks you Lebogang monareng. Bedford view center standard bank manager. Wow she take my case within few days my case was resolved. Please learn to Lebo and represent costume issues and solve them in no time thanks
BURGER3
New Contributor
My account is blocked too, no one is willing to attend my case
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning @Jojokani.

We appreciate you letting us know about this.

Send an email with your ID number to [email protected], and we'll discuss how we can help you the most effectively.

We eagerly looking forward hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Jojokani
Occasional Visitor

How am I supposed to get to a branch with no Uber money? I'm so livid, and I regret opening a Standard Bank account. 

Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi @Nkumeleni,

Thank you for coming back to us with us.

We are so glad that there is progress with this matter. It is advisable to visit the branch so they can provide you with feedback. 

In such cases funds will be returned within 48 working hours.

We hope everything works out.

Kind regards,

Boipelo. 

Standard Bank Team

Nkumeleni
Occasional Contributor
Hi @Boipelo. I got response from my email arout 13:38 that my account has been unblocked but surprisingly I still can't access the funds 😩. Please advise how long it takes before I have full access to my account again, after receiving the email ?
Nkumeleni
Occasional Contributor
I have done the follow up and I was told that Capitec is the one reported the matter to them with the funds I transferred from my capitec account to my Standard account. I must submit the affidavit explaining the matter I did so yesterday now waiting for the response. To my surprise Capitec didn't block my account is still working perfectly but Standard bank did that left me confused 😕
Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi @Nkumeleni 

We appreciate you coming to us,

Please reach out to our fraud team at 0800 222 050 to check the status of your account to investigate why your account was blocked.

We hope your matter gets resolved.

Kind regards,

Boipelo.

Standard Bank Team

Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi @Dipuo4 

Thank you for reaching out to us,

Please contact our fraud team at 0800 222 050 to check the status of your account for further investigations.

Kindly let us know if you need further assistance from us.

Kind regards,

Boipelo.

Standard Bank Team

Nkumeleni
Occasional Contributor
Hi there please help unlock my account I don't even know what the issue is when I'm trying to withdraw funds it say I cannot permit this service because my account is suspended what might be the issue?
Nkumeleni
Occasional Contributor
Same happened to me I can't access my funds please help
Dipuo4
Me too and mine even worse it's being the whole month and I really don't know what will happen with my salary
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi Lebo.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing.

Could you please tell us more by contacting us on our email [email protected].

Kind regards,

Fana.

Lebo12
New Contributor
Just disgusting, do yourself and the country a favour and switch banks... Standard Bank needs to be on its knees
Lebo12
New Contributor
They'll tell you a bunch of security bull **bleep**, all while you aren't able to access a critical aspect of daily life..

Its 2 weeks now I've been constantly trying to speak to someone about my blocked card, only to be transferred to a fraud department that NEVER picks up the phone (which either means theyre uo to their eyeballs in fraud cases because standard bank security is easy to hack or that they don't care that much about fraud related customer service as they do about new sales...)

I am beyond LIVID with Standard Bank's poor service

I'm switching to FNB soon as these useless clowns resolve my card issue so I can access my **bleep** money 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😡
Nozzy
Im just so frustrated right now with standard bank. Why do they blocknour accounts without our knowledge. Now i have to wait to access funds that i need to use urgently. They must tell us if they want us to use other banks that are more efficient and effective
Gneri
My business account was blocked without my permission. I was contacted in the beginning of May by my private banker regarding a complaint that reached the bank. She asked for evidence of the situation and I emailed everything to her on the 5 May 2021. I went online today to process orders for my business and I find that my account is blocked. I called biz direct and they had no answer or indication as to why the account was blocked. I then called the complaints department and they had no idea as well. I was told that they need to contact the branch to find out. LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR, IF MY ACCOUNT IS NOT UNBLOCKED BY THE 29 MAY 2021 I WILL TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST STANDARD BANK. THE BEST PART IS I HAVE PROOF OF THE EMAIL THAT WENT TO THE PRIVATE BANKER AND I WAS TOLD SHE DIDN'T RECEIVE ANY FEEDBACK. MY NUMBER IS 0628643771. I need a superior to call me and I will definitely change my business account to a more reliable bank like FNB. I've been a standard bank client for 13 years and this is the type of service I get???
Lerato84
Where you helped,?
helenaborcher
New Contributor
Stop saying send details if you guys cant even do the work properly. You are costing us money. This is bulle**bleep**. That is our hard working money that you people are keeping from us. I have children to support so who do i keep responsable for your stupid actions? Its already been 7days and still no one can do there job properly ref 7026849335 I WANT MY ACCOUNT UNBLOCKED BY THE END OF TODAY CAN YOU READ WHAT IS TODAYS DATE? 11-11-2019 THATS THE 11TH OF NOVEMBER 2019. DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING OR DO I NEED TO DRAW A PICTURE FOR YOU?
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi starsyshelp,

Please forward your query, contact details and ID number to ask.SBSA@standardbank.co.za. The team will be able to assist you.