Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Canceling a debit order

Solved
10 REPLIES 10
Curls

Hi

I am living in New Zealand and need to cancel a Policy which is on a debit order, please advise how i can do this. as i have tried the online form with no luck. Is there any email address or alternative number i can call as the 0800 nubber does not work from here.

Thanks

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello Jenny,

The best way to resolve this will be to contact us or visit your nearest branch to resolve this matter. You can contact us here if you cant visit the branch: 0860 123 000.

Let me know should you want us to assist further on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Jenny1
New Contributor
I have a debit order going off my acc tomorrow. but my monies have not come into my bank yet. I need to cancel my debit order how do i do this.
Jenny1
New Contributor
I have a debit order going off my acc tomorrow but my monies have not come into my bank yet I need to cancel my debit order how do i do this
Bobsono
New Contributor
Hi,even if you cancel the debit order you have an obligation to settle the account until the last payment then you can cancel the contract and start with a new one somewhere else
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Leonahoustn,

Yes you can reverse it telephonically.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

leonahouston
New Contributor
Hi

Does that mean I don't have to go into the bank but I can request this telephonically?

Thanks
StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi Maxconlouw,

To cancel a debit order you will need to contact 0860123000 so that a consultant can assist you. Cancellations are done by owners of the account for verification purposes.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

maxvonlouw
Solution

afternoonz i am maxvon louw can you help me to cancel a debit order and i with like soadt the money can be payed back into my account my sel number is 0792303886, and id number is 9409265239081

StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi Hans,

You may contact MTN and request that the debit order be cancelled. The Bank will not be able to cancel the debit order as only the company you instructed to debit your account may do this for you.

Regards,

Standard Bank

Hans
Occasional Contributor
I have been grossly overcharged by Mtn on my cell phone account and they have for the past four months refused to correct the order. Can I cancel the order or can it only be cancelled by them as I want to take out a contract with Vodacom
Go to the solution >