Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Card stopped working abroad. Sluggish response from Customer Care

2 REPLIES 2
Cherry19
I have linked a debit card to my cheque account to use abroad but today my purchase is declined. Please advise
Nicole_madell
Occasional Visitor
DeanPretorius
Visitor
The customer service is terrible!
I was stuck abroad and my card just stopped working at all MasterCard point of sale facilities.
After being referred to 4 different departments via email, I tried phoning in to the Customer Care. This turned out to be a fruitless activity as they only realized they couldn't help me after sending me to 4 other departments, then suggesting that I go to a Standard Bank branch for assistance, and concluding that they apologize for the inconvenience. The branch also couldn't help me, and opened an investigation.
Three weeks later, I am still waiting for a response from Standard Bank and I am not sure what more to do.
Is there not a more secure, and easier way to make contact with Standard Bank while out of the country?
International calling rates are expensive, and the email service is pathetic.
I would like to travel again, but I don't know if I feel comfortable using a Standard Bank product abroad again.
Disappointing