Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Change OTP from SMS to Email

Solved
mdoda01
Occasional Visitor

I was under the impression that the issue of changing the OTP from SMS to email was something i could do from my internet banking, which was an advise from support, and have been cracking my head trying to figure this out. please confirm this is not possible to have it changed from the internet banking?

Hents
Hi, how can it be done over the phone? I'm currently out of the country and am unable to make payments because of this. Thanks in advance
Lindo
Occasional Visitor

After 2 failed attempts at the branch to change the OTP receiving cellphone, I just spoke to Lwazi who is a Std Bank consultant and he took me through the process of doing this over the phone. Barely took over 10 minutes and this confirms that you do not need to visit a branch to get this sorted.

Ziyaad
New Contributor

Good day,

I just called the helpline (0860 123 000) & was told I can only change my OTP method AT THE BRANCH if I am still in the country. This is indeed highly inconvenient.

Best regards,

Z

wowbeggar
Occasional Visitor

I would appreciate a third option, to send the OTP to the banking app. This is done by FNB, and can be done with another SIM card in the phone when I travel overseas.

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @ZikieTseka,

If you're experiencing the same issue with your OTP's or changing your recipient for OTP's,  please mail us your details including the details you would like to amend: [email protected].

You will need to email us with your full query, account details and back front of the card with your three signatures for us to amend this for you.f

Let me know if you still need further assistance on this matter.

Regards,

Boitumelo

ZikieTseka
Occasional Visitor

am I the only one who finds these standard bank responses useless sometimes, because you enquire with a simple matter and you already know they'll either say VISIT YOUR NEAREST BRANCH or PLEASE CALL OUR CALL CENTRE

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Nqobizita,

Apologies for misspelling of the address. The correct address is: [email protected] and please use subject line: "Change of OTP from sms to email/Community query" for us to be able to fast track your query.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Nqobizita
Solution

That email address does not exist, I have a similar issue i need help with urgently. I cant dial the 086 number as I am living in Kenya for the next two years. Please advise.

"

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

[email protected]

The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

"

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hi Pierre,

This feature is profile based and currently you can only amend the changes at the branch or via our call center, alternatively please email your details to including the details you would like to amend: [email protected].

Regards,

Pierre4
New Contributor

Why instruct us to call call centre when you could just answer the question here?

Pierre4
New Contributor

Absoluteley agree - highly inconvenient and I note your question was not answered - why not via online banking?

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please call our help desk for assistance with your query on 0860 123 000.

2greenfields
Regular Visitor

@petracooper27 wrote:
How to I change my settings on internet banking from receiving it by sms to receiving it by email?

Graphyt
New Contributor

Why can't this be done via Internet banking?....highly inconvenient.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Petracooper27,

Please call 0860 238 837 or visit the branch to change the way you receive your OTP.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

petracooper27
How to I change my settings on internet banking from receiving it by sms to receiving it by email?
Go to the solution >