Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Change OTP from SMS to Email

Solved
Aku1
New Contributor

thanks to standard bank team for the response I got. However I did not succeed,  I got  an error message that I should contact the bank to reset ATM CARD PIN. I can not visit the bank because I am out out of the country. Kindly assist... 

Thank you in advance

Nolonwabo
Yes I Want To Change it
Aku1
New Contributor

I have a challenge on this issue since August 2020. I am not staying in SA and can not acess the message sent on my registered mobile number. I visited the bank physically and was advised to approach the non-resident Accounts department. I went there and found them closed. I then wrote emails  but I am not assisted up to now. I dont know how these people operate, what does it take for me to be helped out.

Molekane
Diviah42
Occasional Visitor

Please change my OTP from sms to email [email protected]

I would like to change my OTP from SMS to Email
nhlaka123
Occasional Visitor

hi,

Please assist it has been almost 3 weeks that i dont receive sms notifications so  i cannot do once off payments in this regard, i dont receive OTP.

mpumekjv
Occasional Visitor
I am in America I moved with short notice and my cellphone number doesn't work here therefore I can't receive OTP's via sms. What happens then because I clearly cannot visit a branch
Raphiee85
Visitor
Does standard Bank cares about their clients, how come the load emails on their websites which are not monitored? I have been sending emails to change my OTP frm SMS to Email but none of them is responded to. Any one who got assisted please help me at [email protected]. Thank you
Punk10
Occasional Visitor
I am in the UK at the moment and I need to do internet banking but cznt get otp on sms need to change it to my email address ASAP payment needed
Donw_JMW
New Contributor
Donw_JMW
New Contributor
Please assists with above
musamnk
New Contributor
Want to change my number to the one l tagged
witness
Occasional Visitor
Change OTP from SMS to Email
jjcoetzer123
Occasional Visitor

Hi there

Try wrapping your mind around this one. 

Its been over 35 days since i started making call and sending emails to try and get Standard Bank to assist me with changin my OTP from SMS to EMAIL.

I called - and get transfered and the call drops 100% of the time (after being on hold 15 to 20 minutes at a time)

I email - send the required documents and answer all the security questions - and silence afterwards.

I have settled for making contact with the South African Ombudsman for Banking to try and resolve this.

I dont know what to do. All my accounts are in arrears because they REFUSE to assist me.

Jpearcw
Occasional Visitor
Hi I need my OTP changed
smithb2
Occasional Visitor

Can you send me the sequence of steps to do it from my laptop instead of calling or going to the nearest branch

Cmndze

Dear Sir /Madam

Please will you kindly change OTP from SMS to email, [email protected] my ID number is 851214 5650 087.

Thank you

mdoda01
Occasional Visitor

I was under the impression that the issue of changing the OTP from SMS to email was something i could do from my internet banking, which was an advise from support, and have been cracking my head trying to figure this out. please confirm this is not possible to have it changed from the internet banking?