Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Changing cell phone number

Solved
23 REPLIES 23
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @timothyjackson3.

Thank you for reaching out.

Contact numbers are changed by our branch as per the banking policy.

The reason for this is to ensure that the details provided are correct, and there is a form you need to fill out for confirming a contact number change so that the process is seamless.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team

timothyjackson3
Robbertsjohnny
New Contributor
Please assist me with changing my contact number.
Pupstickle
Visitor

Our bank in Douglas is closed on during weekends and during the week only open from 9h00 to 14h00. We all know the reason but it does not make sense. 

I need to change my cellphone number but I can only do it at a branch where i will go and stand in a quee for 3hours. My grandmother blocked her card pin and works on the farm. She will need to pay for transport R150 just to come and change her. Please contact me via email if you guys reply  

LaraNevin
Visitor
But what if you live in another country? I currently have funds I need to access, but my banking app is sending an OTP to my old South African number and I cannot change it in a branch as I am 9000km away! Please assist. Funds are needed urgently.
Tlr1952
Occasional Contributor
Tlr1952
Occasional Contributor
Shawn001
Why did my profile switch from my private cell phone to my company number for the OTP without my input?
Mena234
New Contributor
I need to change my phone number
Mena234
New Contributor
I’m not in South Africa
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello luvuyocmtshazo,

Please send your query and contact details to [email protected] .One of our consultants will be able to assist you with your query. 

luvuyocmtshazo
New Contributor
I did went to standard bank but the old number is still appearing to my app, when I want to buy prepaid or transfer money. They send an output pin to the old number
katemutloane_19
New Contributor

I went to the bank and said they changed my number. Yes i get my withdrawals and debit order but when I do instant money transfer it give the pin code to the old number that is no longer use.

Makhubele123
New Contributor
I already have been to the branch and there is no change
Makhubele123
New Contributor
I've been trying to change the cell phone number that I received OTP to on my mobile app and today I've been to the branch to change it but still there is no change what do I do now.
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @NatalieHippert,

Please be advised that as part of the bank's security control measures, a client can only update their personal details at their nearest branch (this will also include your contact details). Please be advised that you'll need to take with the card you'd like to link to the new number, as well as your ID Book.

Regards,

Mandy

NatalieHippert
can't I change it on my mobile banking
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi phil1.

This is merely a security measure.

phil1

With FNB you do this telephonically, why should i go to a branch

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please call our international help desk for assistance on  +2711 299 4114.