Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Cheque account

1 REPLY 1
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @HeatherH,

I can understand your frustration and would like to apologise for the level of service received. Can I ask that you forward your ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "cheque clearance delayed" so that we can get one of our consultants to urgently look into this matter and contact you.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

HeatherH
New Contributor

Last month I received a cheque, deposited it and after 7 working days was able to access the money. 2 Days later I get a call saying that Standard Bank needs to take the money back as they have lost the cheque? Visit branch -resolve, but I get charged R60!

This month another cheque deposited and this time - 5 days later - reflects but as unpaid?  Back to the Branch supposedly sort it out - and charge me again(will confirm) but although money is in my bank I can't access it.  I have had to wait for the cheque to clear and then all this drama and now still unable to access funds. No how long will this take,

My dad who is giving me these cheques is 92yrs old, he cannot do internet or cell banking if you are stopping your cheque service-notify your customers don't just jerk them around with these excuses. This " Lost cheque", "stopped Cheques" - that has not been stopped must be exposed. 

Ridiculous.

H