Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Clearing a payment

kaz
New Contributor

today i will be closing down my account,below are the reasons.

1-Standard bank to standard tyransfer takes 24 hours,why must i wait for money,it should be instant(FNB and Absa,even capitec,same bank transfer is instant).

2-branch service is pathetic.

3-no pay n clear service.it is due for long time.all major banks in SA has pay n clear service.

thank you very much

kaz
New Contributor

you cant release the funds immediately,ABSA and Fnb That facility,stand bank dont........they should introduce pay n clear.

kaz
New Contributor

Hi,

i wonder why the payment take so long from stand to stand bank,it should be instant.some one paid into my stand bank 1st time,it took 24 hours to reflect the funds,which is understanble,same person mad ethe eft again,it took 24 hours again,third time the funds were not reflecting again,i went to branch in pitermarirzburg,the mnager refused to help me.

i called the call centre they advised me to go the branch.i am so sick and tired pf this pathetic service.

here is the comparisopn with FNB.

some one did eft into my fnb acc from fnb,one hour gone the funds were not reflecting,i went to fnb branch,the lady took me straight to her cubical,she emailed the what i belive the clearance department,and 20 minutes down the line,the funds were in my acc

my question is why should i run to the branch to clear the funds,its such a nightmare.i am about to close down my account.

i wonder how fnb took so many Nedbank and standard bank clients.

frustrated

kaz

ALOUISE
New Contributor
This was not my question Mandy 😊 I made a payment, but would like the money to be cleared immediately! How do I do this?
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @ALOUISE,

Please be advised that electronic transfers from Standard Bank to other banks may take two to three business days to reflect on the beneficiary statement, while transfers between Standard Bank accounts generally take a maximum of 24 hours to clear. For more clarity on this, kindly visit: http://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Internet-banking/EFT-clearance-time/ta-p/523.

Regards,

Mandy

ALOUISE
New Contributor
How do I go about clearing and releasing an eft payment to an FNB account immediately?