Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Clearing a payment

25 REPLIES 25
Tomsharps
Occasional Contributor
Since 2017!! It's obvious they are not listening to customers & they are never going to introduce pay & clear.
Tomsharps
Occasional Contributor
I see it's a long standing problem, I should've know before, I wasn't gonna open an account with them. Not too late to switch though.
Tomsharps
Occasional Contributor
Am definitely switching, no thinking twice about that.
Tomsharps
Occasional Contributor
Why are being told different answers to the very question about what else can be done for the money to reflect/cleared immediately? The most common answer is "there is nothing we can do". Are we taken for fools here or what?
Tomsharps
Occasional Contributor
I just made the same decision now. This bank doesn't care about our requirements as customers.
Tomsharps
Occasional Contributor
Seems like they are not prepared to invest in thier own customers requirements & they just don't care what we say about it, which borders along the lines of arrogance. Shame on them.
Tomsharps
Occasional Contributor
Am not convinced. Today 5 months later you still haven't implemented an already established technological feature. How difficult can it be? Ask for help from other banks that have been operating on this feature for years now.
Tomsharps
Occasional Contributor
Now I get it. That's the reason they cannot explain why the 24 hour holding period.
Tomsharps
Occasional Contributor
It now makes sense why people are moving to FNB & Capitec.
Tomsharps
Occasional Contributor
Am also curious, I just experienced the same issue now. Obviously they are not prepared to address this. They care less about thier own customers. Time to switch to a bank that cares.
CWS8888
New Contributor

Hi there,

Has there been any further feedback on this?

Thusoza
Regular Visitor
Now i see why people are leaving this bank, sheer arrogance from their part.
SkyLukeWater

Forget it, Std want you to open a business account (see their "Real Time Clearing" service but only for business solutions customers)...

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @RichardL

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this. We are following up with our developers on the latest development on these features and feedback will follow.

Regards,

Boitumelo

RichardL
Occasional Visitor

Hi

I see that the fuctionality of pay and clear immedaitely to other banks has still not been added. Are the people at Standard Bank online banking too stupid to figure our how to do it or are you guys just so arrogant that you dont care about sorting customer requirements out. In todays business environment, we need to be able to transact immediately in order to compete. I dont have the luxury of waiting up to 3 dayys for Standard Bank to decide it pleases them to send through a payment. Sort this out, its not a difficult request

luhannb

I have been with Standard Bank all my life. I never had any issues with them and never had something bad to say about them. Today I suddenly had to make an immediate payment from my account to an Absa account and what happened? I realised that this is not possible????????? In what day and age are we living? I had to go through so much trouble to do this payment now. I must say I am really disappointed in this. I have made the decision to swith to another bank first thing tomorrow morning. Not only because I can make an immediate payment but also small things like waiting on messages. Not being notified when money goes in or out of my account, struggling to log in to my app, alwaysn having to phone someone at a call centre to sort out something and please dont get me started on the call centre. Really disappointing. 

cheers Standard Bank 

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @JCE,

The best way to resolve this will be to contact us immediately so that we can log a call with our ATM's team.

Please take note if the branch is open you can address this with branch for them to resolve this.

Let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

JCE
New Contributor

Totally agree with Kaz !!  This morning Standard ATM in Secunda malfunctioned once again on deposit and withheld thousands of rand in the machine without reflecting a deposit. I go to the help desk where we used to get the relevant forms, we do this alot :-(  just to be told to now go to the enquiry qeue! Now I have to open my doors at 09h00 and find myself standing in an enquiry qeue at 08h50 to get some forms to fill out in order to get my money back from their antiquated malfunctioning machines! Needless to say I lost it and demanded to see a manager which was then arranged to assist me. Why do we have to cause a scene before receiving efficient service? Not a nice way to start a week!! :-(  Smiley Sad 

JCE
New Contributor

I love the way Standard Bank just dictate on how it is going to be and toughluck for their clients. Arrogance comes to mind!  Clients want and need an immediate clearance facility as is offered by various other banks!  When is Standard Bank going to listen to their customers? It is really clear that Standardbank is way behind on their software and hardware systems!  I am a bussines owner and make use of ATM deposits quite a lot. I am forever having trouble with Standardbank atiquated ATM's in this regard. Maybe it is time more people including myself send a wake-up call to Standardbank by switching!

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @kaz,

I'm really sorry you feeling this way. Please note that the transfer will take up to 24hrs from standard bank to standard bank account transfer. 

We can address the service received at that specific branch with the affected branch. You can mail us with your full details and the branch affected for us to intervene and assist in resolving this matter for you. Please mail us here: [email protected] for further intervention.

Let me know should you still need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo