Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Clearing transfers

5 REPLIES 5
Jonstry
Occasional Visitor
What happens to the money for those 24 hours?? Because the money goes off the depositors account immediately
Erleneap
New Contributor
I have contacted the payer and she assured me it was done on Saturday to my account and she has payed many times before
Erleneap
New Contributor
Money was transferred to me on Saturday and is still not clear in my account, I’m also not receiving notifications of other payments being made
Libraheart03
Regular Visitor
Hi , how long should a CurrencyFair transfer that has been affected a public holiday take to clear ? Sent on the 21st hasn’t reflected on the 28th still
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @usica,

Please be advised that there is a 24 hour period maximum clearance time for transfers between Standard Bank accounts, while payments to other banks may take two to three business days to reflect on the beneficiary's statement. Payments made into a MasterCard account take 24 hours to reflect on a statement. Kindly note that the clearance process is put in place as a security measure. It is important to remember that weekends and public holidays are not considered business days, however, should funds take more than 3 business days, please urgently contact the payer to request tracing with the paying bank.

I'd like to apologise for the inconvenience caused as a result of this.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

usica
Good Evening
I want to know how long does it take for deposits to clear and appear on my account because I know people who have money cleared in their accounts on Saturday( capitec and absa) eft made on friday. Why is this taking so long and yet its not my fault or yet the bank does not know the importance of that money towards me. I have been waiting for my salary and now one needs to do other means when u have your own money yet you npt allowed to access it. Why? & and how long