Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Closing an account

3 REPLIES 3
Ren1
Same here,I am trying to close my account from abroad to no satisfaction, this is so disappointing Standardbank...can someone please contact me and assist me...
ThubelihleRh

AT THE BRANCH THEY REFEREED ME TO THE ABOVE NUMBER AND WHEN I DIALED THE NUMBER THEY SAID ONLY CREDIT ACCOUNTS ARE CLOSED USING THE NUMBER. I HAVE TRIED ALL OTHER OPTIONS AND THERE IS NO HELP. I AM AT THE POINT WHERE I WILL STOP PAYING FOR THE MONTHLY FEES AND LEAVE THE NEGATIVE BALANCE HANGING THERE. IT IS WITH GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT THAT THIS BANK MISLEADS CUSTOMERS JUST BECAUSE THEY DONOT WANT TO LOOSE THEM!!!

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Masiya,

Please be advised that the feature to close your account on any of our online platforms is currently not available, you will need to visit your nearest branch, or get in touch with our customer care on 0860 123 000, or alternatively forward your account details, ID number and contact number to [email protected] with the subject line "account closure" so that we may be able to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Masiya

Hi is it possible to close my account online?