Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Debit card renewal

Solved
Bossie
Hi,
Can I have the link on where to renew Online?
GregPark
New Contributor

I need to renew my debit card within the next 2 weeks. Standard Bank may be open during the current Covid-19 lockdown, I am not at all happy about being forced to physically present myself at a branch in order to renew my card. I suggest that Standard Bank come up with a new plan in order to accommodate those who feel this way. I have been past 3 different branches but they have very long queues. I do not feel safe, or comfortable, standing in a queue for 2 hours. Is it possible to courier my card to me? Surely other people have the same problem??

Karishma3
Good day,
My card has expired (I have a student account) how do I renew it?
Mr_Mr
Occasional Visitor

I need to renew my debit card within the next 2 months, or so. While Standard Bank may be open during the current Covid-19 lockdown, I am not at all happy about being forced to physically present myself at a branch in order to renew my card. I suggest that Standard Bank come up with a new plan in order to accommodate those who feel this way.

That being said, I decided to go to my nearest branch this morning and get it done. (It is my view that waiting another month or two would be a mistake as I suspect things are going to get worse before they get better.) HOWEVER, when I reached my closest branch (Brooklyn Mall, Pretoria), there was a hand-written sign on the door informing me that the branch is closed until further notice. You may draw your own conclusions as to why the branch is closed.

So, now I have attempted to visit my closest branch, as per your recommendation, and failed. You say that you can assist those unable to visit their closest branch. I am now asking for your assistance. Please get in touch and tell me what can be done. First prize would be you finding a way to deliver my new card to me at my home address. Thanks in advance.

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Penelope123,

Please note that we remain open as an essential service provider and we should be able to assist at your nearest branch. Should you be unable to visit your nearest branch, kindly contact us here for further assistance: 0860 123 000.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Penelope123
Occasional Contributor

How do I renew a debit card which expires in May - during the Corona Virus when everythig is closed.

@Vikee wrote:

I need to replace my debit card because it's about to expire:

• Can I go into a branch and get a new card immediately, or do I have to order it and wait for a different day?
  • Is there a cost for a new debit card? If so, what is it?
  • I believe I need to bring only my ID book and a proof of residence to apply for the new card. Is that correct?

yulenda
Occasional Visitor
How long does it take for a debit card to be renewed?
LGC65
How long does it take to get the replacement card? Is it the same day?
Boitumelo
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hello @Vikee & @warwickchapman ,

Please note the below steps to renew your expired debit card:

• Visit the nearest branch with both your ID and proof of residents.
  • We do have two types of Debit Cards, embossed (R135) and un-embossed (R55) *.

Note, you can only renew cheque card online or via our contact centers here: 0860 123 000.

Let us know if you still require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

warwickchapman
New Contributor
any answer to this?
Vikee

I need to replace my debit card because it's about to expire:

• Can I go into a branch and get a new card immediately, or do I have to order it and wait for a different day?
  • Is there a cost for a new debit card? If so, what is it?
  • I believe I need to bring only my ID book and a proof of residence to apply for the new card. Is that correct?
Go to the solution >