Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EHome Affairs

Solved
MichelleTaberer
New Contributor

I see that the MyBills feature is now available on the new site. After completing my passport applocation on eHome Affairs and making the payment request, I went onto Std Bank online banking to "authorise" the payment. Clicked on Pay MyBills, then added Home Affairs successfully as a Billing Beneficiary. However it now states "You currently don't have any outstanding bills" ! So for some reason the Std Bank system is not pulling through the payment requests on the Home Affairs system. Could it be because the account I am making payment from is in my husband's name? (I am co-signatory)

Please advise urgently as I'd like to finalise this.

Thank you

Ziyaad
New Contributor
Thanks @6foot5 for the prompt response.

Appreciate it. Will definitely be following through. All the best with the refund.

Just a pity Standard Bank haven't updated their site or briefed their call centre about this.

I managed to get through to Bradley Kinsley at the Milnerton/Canal Walk branch who was very helpful.

Shout out to him.

Best regards,

Ziyaad
6foot5
New Contributor

Went yesterday. As many photo booths as the Wynberg Home Affairs (2), and biometric at every desk. Superior in every way. No brainer.

Take necessary docs of course. (full birth certs, old passports, ID cards / docs etc)

I paid R800 due to glitch in website. Filled in form for refund, will reportedly have to wait quite a few months for the R400 refund...
Ziyaad
New Contributor

Good day,

We have applied for the passport application of my wife & infant son.

We have made payment online (via the MyBills option) and booked an appointment at the Milnerton/Canal Walk branch via the e-Home Affairs site. However we are not sure whether the branch has the necessary facilities (biometric scanner & digital photographs) to complete the passport application, i.e. rendering the need to to go to a Home Affairs office superfluous.

I have tried researching online but there is conjecture around whether the branch is able to complete the application.

Home Affairs advises us to contact the relevant branch.

We have tried contacting Standard Bank but the call centre is unable to provide us with an answer, nor can they put us through to a represenattive at the branch (Milnerton/Canal Walk).

The need is quite urgent and we are surprised that we cannot get an answer from Standard Bank.

I look forward to a meaningful response on the matter, not to contact the call centre which we have been trying to do.

Best regards,

Ziyaad

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Sbu1028,

Please be advised that the MyBills feature for Home Affairs payments is currently not live on the new Internet Banking, however, our developers are working on making this feature available to clients. Please note that customers will be notified accordingly once this feature has been enabled.

Regards,

Mandy

Sbu1028

i wanted to know has this been sorted out yet, as i am trying to authorize a payment to home affairs?

SkepticalSheep
New Contributor

I must add that I wasn't allowed to use the Standard Bank home affairs after getting my friend with a Nedbank account to make the payment.

So just be aware of that. 

SkepticalSheep
New Contributor

Hi

I never managed to get MyBills to work on either the old or new website. Ended up getting a friend with a Nedbank account to pay for me and then went into the Home Affairs office. Went to Home Affairs in the afternoon and it ended up being painless, surprisingly. 

Someone from the Internet Banking department told me that MyBills wouldn't work because I wasn't allowed to make payment on behalf of a third party (I applied for a passport for my son on eHomeAffairs). I was then told the opposite by another SB employee, so who knows what the truth is.

I even opened a bank account for my son and tried the eHomeAffairs website again, but they don' allow anyone under 18 to apply.

So ja, best bet is to get someone who banks elsewhere to make the payment and then you just pay them back. 

Good luck. 

larakerswill
Visitor

Hi there, I'm having the same issue. Please advise if you managed to sort it out?

6foot5
New Contributor

Easiest just to register your card for the old site - all you need is your ATM pin and your phone handy. The old site allows MyBills payment to Home Affairs.

The only thing slowing me down now is that apparently the system is restarting, so my EAP limit is 0 for the next 30 minutes! Arrghhh!!!

SkepticalSheep
New Contributor

Many thanks Pat.

Rather annoying that one has to go to Home Affairs. 

PatForbes
New Contributor

This issue has been ongong for some time and Std Bank have advised they are working on it but it is not yet fixed. I resorted to attending on home affairs office as one's online application expires in 60 days. The information submitted online is however captured on the home affairs system. 

Std Bank have not committed to a timeframe to have the matter resolved. 

SkepticalSheep
New Contributor

Hi

The payment status on my eHome Affairs application (child's passport application) says "Formatted Ready to Send", but when I access MyBills either on the new or old SB website, the payment is not displaying.

Please assist.

Thanks.

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Zimsurfer,

The registration is only available via Home Affairs platforms and their offices. Please note that there is an interface of systems hence if their systems are offline we are unable to assist further.  Kindly contact home affairs regarding this matter.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Zimsurfer

Please advise what I should do if the registration on the home affairs website keeps erroring. Can I register in a Standard Bank branch?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Chantz

Please be assured that we are handling this issue with the utmost urgency. This feature is currently in testing and our developers are working towards making it available as soon as possible. Kindly note that we will notify customers upon it's availability. Apologies for the delay.

Regards,

Mandy

Chantz

I am also trying to pay home affairs and having the same problem. Thus it seems it is another week later and the problem has still not been resolved. Since my debit card was cloned and had to be stopped, I no longer have valid details to access the old website platform. Has anyone tried to have someone else make the payment for them?

RickyG

Its ten days since you said you working on it and it still does not worrk

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @nsibande201,

Be assured that our developers are working towards resolving this issue as urgent. We have been conducting some test on this feature and await the final response from the technical team and we will revert with the feedback as soon as we have the response. We do apologise for the delay caused by this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

nsibande201
New Contributor

After experiencing this problem last week I called standard bank internet banking to equire. i was told revert back to the old internet banking site in order to access this functionality - fair enough it works. The reason for this workaround is that standard bank have not yet migrated the functionality to the new internet banking app. My view is that its been at least 3 years since the new internet bankning site has gone live but standard bank is still reluctant moving functionlity to it. Why launch this new platform if  you still want ALL your customers to remain on the older system? it buffles me i have to say.