Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EHome Affairs

Solved
Sedgeley
Solution
New Contributor
I figured that on the new site, you have to click on 'Transact', then select 'Pay My Bills' and search 'Department of Home Affairs'.

Add the beneficiary, and the bill should reflect. On the far right, it will give you the option to pay.

Just copy and paste the reference that they give you once you've entered your details, and it should process.
dereck
New Contributor

It is a joke.

dereck
New Contributor

It seems that for more than a year it is not possible to pay for a passport or ID card using the Standard Bank website - based on the queries I see here. I was told to use another browser (I have used 3 different browsers), then to use another computer (have used 2 computers). The amount of time I have wasted trying to do this through Standard Bank I could probably have spent in a Home Affairs queue. It is not possible to use MyBills - keep getting (over 2 days) a 'service unavailable' message. So depressing, and I am supposedly a Private Bank client. Dereck

Brad644
Can the new I d card be done in kwa Zulu natal through the banks as I have noticed it's only in JHB
Sedgeley
New Contributor

I figured that on the new site, you have to click on 'Transact', then select 'Pay My Bills' and search 'Department of Home Affairs'.

Add the beneficiary, and the bill should reflect. On the far right, it will give you the option to pay. 

Just copy and paste the reference that they give you once you've entered your details, and it should process.

Grahamg
New Contributor

now you tell me....................I likewise am totally frustrated with the process

Angelo01
Occasional Visitor

When I input my OTP on MyBills it immediately kicks me out and sasys session expired.

RyanGarrett
New Contributor

Hi Boitumelo

I made payment to Home Affairs via the Standard Bank Pay My Bills on the 27 May 2018. It is still reflecting as "Formatted Ready To Send" on the eHome affairs website.

I have contacted the Department of Home Affairs today (1 June 2018) and submitted to them a proof of payment as they say they cannot see any payment that has been made. 

They say that they dont know what I must do now. Can Standard Bank please investigate where my money has gone and how can I get it refunded as this is obviously not working.

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @TM2,

We have received your query and escalated to our MyBills team for further investigation.

Please do share the proof of payment when you get to the branch as they will require it before assisting you.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

TM2
Occasional Visitor

Hi 

I have paid for passport and ID online application but when I tried making a booking, the only option is Centurion and the available dates are a week from now, which is far as I need the passport soon. I have decided to go to Home Affairs offices. Please advice on what I should do with the payment. Should I reverse the payment that I already made or should I just present the proof of payment when I get there? 

JCon
Occasional Visitor

Hi. Is the My Bills option available on the mobile app? If so, I cannot find it.

MON

Has this been sorted out???? I'm trying to pay for the ID card since November 2017 with no luck!

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator
Hello, I have escalated your query to our team for assistance. I will revert back to you with an answer.
MMishan
Occasional Visitor
I have paid for my minors passport using standard bank MyBills but when I return to the online application and try make a booking at Killarney Mall in JHB it only gives me centurion as an option. I have processed another passport in the past through standard bank Killarney in the past. Not sure why the only branch I can select is centurion. Please advise?
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @hlatsim,

Could I please advise that you forward your account details/card number and contact details to us on [email protected] with the subject line "eHome Affairs" so that we may be able to identify your query and assist you further.

Regards,

Mandy

hlatsim

Hi

I've tried to pay home affairs through my bills on the new site, once I enter the OTP it kicks me out of the site and says my sesssion has expired. It has done this on several attempts and i don't allow for much lag time with entering in the OTP. I have also attempted using both my PC and mobile phone with the same outcome. Kindly assist.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Brainier,

Yes, the MyBills feature for Home Affairs payments is currently enabled on the new Internet banking.

Regards,

Mandy

Brainier
Visitor

Is my bills functionality working on new platform yet?

MichelleTaberer
New Contributor

Hi Boitumelo

Well if that's the case, then please can you make sure that you advise the relevant person within Standard Bank as well as Home Affairs, to clearly state that on their websites where the online passport application process is described. That will avoid a lot of frustration and rework by customers in future who, like me, completed the entire application, then got to the payments section only to realise that you can't do the payment online if the account you are paying from in not in the exact same name as the passport/ID applicant. In my case I had to cancel the Std Bank payment, then reload a FNB payment (where my account in my name is), then pay via FNB. But now it only allows me to go to a FNB branch to do the biometrics, not a Std Bank branch, and there is no participating FNB branch in Cape Town, only in Gauteng! So now at the end of all of that I am still forced to go into a Home Affairs branch. Very annoying and Very frustrating.

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @MichelleTaberer,

The reason for this issue is that your account is linked with your profile when making the MyBills payment. If the account profiling is different you will receive error message.

Let me know should you have any further issues on this matter.

Regards,

Boitumelo