Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EHome Affairs

Solved
MMcClure1975
New Contributor

So after many failed attempts at securing an appointment online at Standard Bank Kingsmead Home Affairs, i eventually just made an appointment at the Umgeni Road, Durban Dept of Home Affairs. It was really a seamless process for the application and quite quick. Appointment at 1pm and was done by 2pm.

The issue came in when i needed to collect my passport at the same venue 5 days later. There is no booking system for collections and i had to do the 6am stand in line and was only out at 15h50 with my passport in hand! Other than than at least i have a new passport :)

HS3

Have you managed to resolve this and how?

Tanya8

HI

I also just contacted home affairs about the unavailable confirmation letters and they said the banks are aware of the situation.  Just take your confirmation email and other docs with you to your appointment.

Paul1986

Hi there

I wish to make an appointment to obtain another ID. The form has been filled. I need to provide an original document, do the biometrics and pay.

Where do I make an appointment, please?

Thanks

Paul

Bothma77
New Contributor

Please somebody give me some advice.

I have completed the entire Passport Application process and all is in order.

In the Confirmaion email it states that I shouldbring along the Bar Coded eHomeAffairs Application Confirmation. I have no idea where to access this to print it out.

The Confirmation email I got has my refeernce number on it, but is not bar coded

A bit lost at what to do... thanks

clairesydow
Occasional Visitor

Having the same problem! Any advice?

lucellen
Occasional Visitor
Your advice has been invaluable. I have been trying everyday for almost 2 months to get a booking. I manually captured the dates. Worked brilliantly. Thank you :-)
SJLHA
Occasional Contributor
Hi. I gave up. My cash went through easily but could not get an appointment. I called Home Affairs. They answered quickly. Gave me an appointment time for biometrics. I live in Johannesburg. Got the appointment at Randburg. Was fantastic. Took an hour in total. Two weeks later I got received an sms to collect ID and passport.

I will never attempt to do it through Standard Bank again. Simply make an appointment online. Many people with appointments booked online paid at HA. I paid online.

Was quick and easy.

A nightmare of three months of frustration trying to get an appointment with Standard Bank.

I have heard it’s easy with Investec and with Absa. The bank staff assist of one has issues. I couldn’t find anyone at Standard Bank to help me. Kept putting me through to the Home Affairs call centre.

I saw a huge improvement at HA last week. Long May it last!
Saffron
New Contributor

Hello,

Please assist. 

I am unable to obtain a date for a branch visit regardless of what I do. 

Despite inserting dates manually on the home affairs branch booking page (using different combinations of up to a period of 4 months), as recommended by an earlier thread,  I am still unable to obtain a booking for a branch visit. 

many thanks

Dave4105
New Contributor
used the text fields instead of the calender to set the date further out and got a booking in 1 months time. Thank you
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @MMcClure1975, ID and Passport applications are processed on the home affairs website. We only facilitate the payment process and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection. Please visit the home affairs page at: dha.gov.za. The bank branches are also listed on the website. You can also try to search for available dates a month from now to check if there are any available dates. You're welcome to get in touch with DoHA, and inquire further about their bookings.

MMcClure1975
New Contributor

I am also unable to make a booking at Standard Bank Kingsmead, Durban. What is going on as i have been trying daily for the last 2 weeks! Standard Bank now has my R600, wish i had never done it through this channel and rather went to Home Affairs!

The only branch that has bookings avaialable is Port Elizabeth. This sytem which was supposed to make things simpler for passport/smart ID applications is as bad as having to go spend a day in queues at Home Affairs!

Nondu12
I have been experiencing same. I typed the dates manually and it worked
SJLHA
Occasional Contributor
SJLHA
Occasional Contributor
No. I wish I had never done it through the bank. Seems Absa assist their clients. Still can’t get an appointment
SJLHA
Occasional Contributor
I wish I had never done it through the bank. Easier through home affairs. They have my R400 and a month later I can’t get an appointment
KZN

HI There

Im also trying to get an appointment. Have you had anyl luck with Standard Bank Kingsmead

SJLHA
Occasional Contributor
I haven’t resolved my issue since writing. I paid R400 weeks ago for my passport. Cannot get a date at Canal Walk. Have got through to Home Affair. They tell me to keep going online. Frankly it would have been easier to spend a day at Home Affair. Maybe that’s what I will have to do. I’m in Johannesburg but want to collect in Cape Town. I’ll go into a local Standard Bank here to see if I can get any help. Have called Standard Bank numerous times. They email Home Affairs to call me😂😂😂. Total joke! I’ve also emailed Home Affairs. Doing this through the Bank is a disaster!
Moniqueross1
New Contributor
I have the same issue I even tried to put in my own date as far as 2024 and still no time slots available... Did you manage to get any help?
Moniqueross1
New Contributor
I have paid for my ID R140 and home affairs received payment.. But when I try to make an appointment at the standard bank canal walk branch there are no time slots available I've tried the whole day I've even tried to type in my own date as people have suggested I've even tried up until 2024.. I'm really fedup!! Im not getting through to home affairs either.. Can someone help me please!