Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EHome Affairs

Solved
132 REPLIES 132
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @RiyaazDawood.

We appreciate you sharing this with us.

Please be aware that we just assist with the money process; for biometrics and collection, you must visit any of our partner branches.

If you would want help scheduling time slots, please contact the Canal Walk branch.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused, and we apologies in advance.

With regards,
Team Standard Bank

RiyaazDawood
New Contributor

hi Fana,

The Canal Walk Home Affairs cannot assist.

I saw in earlier posts there might be recommendations on how to succeed on making the booking online.

Can you clarify this step by step again please

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi, @RiyaazDawood.

We appreciate you getting in touch.

The Home Affairs Canal Walk should be contacted on the availability of time slots.

We advise you to get in touch with them to find out more about the available time slots.

Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you require any additional information.

With regards,
Team Standard Bank

RiyaazDawood
New Contributor
hi Fana, what is the earliest time of the day i can try to make this online booking date? does a new date become available after midnight?
RiyaazDawood
New Contributor
select the latest date on both date ranges? please clarify
RiyaazDawood
New Contributor

hi Boipelo,

Please help i am struggling to make a online booking on the Home Affairs website for Standard Bank Canal Walk.

How can i successfully make an online booking for myself and my newborn son?

I am left very frustrated

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Nicole10.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

Kindly note that we only facilitate payments on our end.

For any assistance with bookings, please reach out to Canal Walk directly.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Nicole10

Hi,

I am trying to make a booking at the Canal Walk branch. There are no available time slots, and the calendar only goes as far as March 6.

How will I be able to make a booking if only one day at a time will be added to the March calendar?

I have already paid for the service, so I would like someone to assist me with this.

I have tried all the solutions that have been advised on this platform, but none have been successful.

I hope to hear from you soon.

AndyR
Occasional Visitor

Please try to assist me, I have applied for my 8yr old sons passport, application submitted, I processed payment and home affairs website says payment submitted to bank, but it does not appear on my banking for me to authorise. Please help

Dc29
I had the same problem, now I can get a time slot but now it says my application is not in a valid state.
Sigh can someone help please
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @ketse.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

ID and Passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Once the application has been initiated at dha.gov.za.

You need to subscribe first before you can make payments to DHA.

Here's how:

• Click on transact
  • Under pay, click My Bills
  • Confirm the T's and C's by accepting
  • Search for DHA and subscribe before processing a payment.
  • Then process a payment.

The bank branches are also listed on the website.

You can check from 2 - 4 weeks in advance for available dates.

Please let us know if you still require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Fana.
Standard Bank Team.

ketse

Good day. 

I have registered and paid for my passport via the std app ( my bill ) but I cant find any slot from 3 weeks from now. 

Please assist ,I was told this is the fasted but reading from people comment about this service , I'm really shocked and worried. 

please assist.... 

Julia 

Thokozile_M
Community Coordinator

Hi @GES@Zulujazz  and @Faizell ,

Thank you for reaching out. We do understand the frastration of using the Home Affairs online booking portal.

However, whilst we allow for the service to be offered in our dedicated branches, the service and the Department’s digital systems remain entirely independent and controlled by the Department of Home Affairs. We do not have any control over client bookings made online, turnaround times of the DHA, collection dates and/or cancellation notifications or any other similar operational services of the Department.

However, we only facilitate the payment process, collection of biometrics, and the collection of documents.

Call the Department of Home Affairs on 0800 601 190 for any further assistance. 

We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Kind Regards,

Thokozile.

Standard Bank Team

GES
New Contributor

Of course they didn't... useless collaboration between DHA and SBSA. Just complaints on this forum, no solutions or practical advance. Instead you give us generic replies as if we are all idiots.

Faizell
Occasional Visitor

Seems like this system is broken or cannot cope.  Standard Bank / DHA please get this sorted , so much for E-Services.

I have been trying  for the last 4 hours to book a slot at Killarney or Symmonds street in JHB. System keeps showing no Time Slots and then asks me to select a time slot. 

Used different browsers and used a typed the dates in manually, still doesnt work. 

Please fix up the spelling error  "anonther" as shown on the error message.

ErrorError

Zulujazz
New Contributor

There are no other Standard Bank options for Cape Town, and Canal Walk seems unavailable for the next 3 months ... How can that be?

Zulujazz
New Contributor

I have been trying to book for my sons's Passport with Standard Bank Canal Walk for the past 2 weeks using various "hacks" mentioned in this trail. Browser changes between: Safari, Chrome etc., manual date entries, multiple date options,  NOTHING works - even into September.  Surely this is not the kind of service Standard Bank would support?  Why the extra effort to align payment, but NO benefit?

Please help!

Bunny17

I have been trying to book an appointment at Standard Bank Canal Walk for weeks. I've tried three different browsers, different devices, selected individual days, changed the dates manually, etc etc and NOTHING works. The branch itself is always so efficient - why is the booking system so impossibly finicky? Please let me know what else I can do??

STACEYJU
New Contributor

Good Day,

I have changed my browser to microsoft edge and typed the dates manually on different days at different times and am still getting the following. 

• No time slots available. Please make anonther selection.

Is there another way of making the booking? or are there really no available slots at Canal Walk?

Calling the number , also no answer, why offer this service if ts not working?

Can someone from Standard bank please contact me.

This is very frustrating, how do we work around this problem!

JohanStrydom
Hi all. Can the manual edit of dates be explained in more detail? Say the last date is 24-08-2023. Must I select this date and manually enter 25-08-2023 and then do the same at the second date and manually enter 25-09-2023? Must both dates be the same. When around will Standardbank Century City have a opening?