Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Fraudulent debit order

Solved
8 REPLIES 8
Syd
Occasional Visitor
I just read an article whereby, it seems, one of the company's submitting this unauthorised debit orders is a customer to Standard Bank (whom seems to acknowledged this), whom we (customers) have been complaining to regarding this unscrupulous transactions against our accounts. Now that they know about this and who the frauster is (are) can we have our money back from when it all started rather than just the past few months ago? This is our money, of which someone benefited illegally from, unless if they these illegal actions are supported and promoted by our beloved bank, if so I better consider changing the bank.
Carbo12
Visitor
I received the one of IBU VH 124,50 how does this happen if I didn't give any one my account number?!
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @ChrisMot,

Please be advised that the bank regards the safety and security of our customers as crucial and has a zero tolerance approach to fraud of any nature.  Customers who notice an unauthorised debit order on their accounts are encouraged to contact their bank immediately to reverse the transaction. This can be done at a branch or through the call centre on 0860 123 000. There are no fees associated with this reversal as long as the transaction is reversed within 40 days of the transaction taking place. Customers who feel that they have been incorrectly debited or charged for a service that they did not subscribe to should also contact the company directly to stop any future debit orders. Customers are also encouraged to lay a criminal complaint with the South African Police Service. In turn, Standard Bank does report any suspicious transactions under strict regulatory guidelines to the relevant authorities.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

ChrisMot
New Contributor
I agree. This will save us time and money as we always have to call the bank and ask them to reverse these unauthorised debit orders.
ChrisMot
Solution
New Contributor
I've received an sms from AATRADING that R 99.99 will be debited on my account which I've never authorise. So, how do I block this?
KwazieMissions1
New Contributor
I really am fed up with these fraudlent devit orders
SLJ
New Contributor
SLJ
New Contributor
I have the same fraudulent unauthorized debit order on my account. Standard/Stanbic should add a “Reverse debits” option on mobile app like orher banks😡
wadiawaseem
New Contributor
Hi. Received a debit notification from UPSNCONNUPS of an amount of R99 deducted from my account. I have never approved any debit from this company. Suspect fraud on my account. How can I ensure safety of my account in the future from these fraudsters . Thanks
Go to the solution >