Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Fraudulent transactions on my ac account

1 REPLY 1
DD02
Occasional Visitor

Standard bank is not helpful at all and their security settings are not protecting their customers.

i am really gatvol of their basic responses to peoples fraud cases.

Today, literally minutes after a fraudulent card transaction went out on my accound, i call the help number and basically get told they will block the card abut they cannot reverse the money even though  for all my electronic card purchases i am suposed to receive an OTP and this time around the Standard Bank system failed me because i di not receive any notification apart from the one that~ R600 has been taken out of my account. 

JoshMina
In December 2019 someone bought airtime from my account this amounted to R800.00
I reported the case to Standard Bank and they told me that I must come back to make the call from their branch. Again this happend in February 2020 the same thing happend again someone bought airtime on my account. I didn't get an sms or any notification until I checked on the mobile app. Strangely before I downloaded the app I never had money missing from my account until I had installed the app..... I called and was told that I must get an affidavit from the police and go to the bank and then will only get a case number and from there I will be told, hat will happen...... I am really appalled by this response from standard bank to one of their own loyal clients.......