Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Funds Frozen

9 REPLIES 9
Buyi
Occasional Contributor

[cfa300@gmail. com] - please check in spam as well. Email was senn 23 August 2017 at 11:39

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Buyi,

Can I please ask you to share your email address with us? The team feedback to me that they are unable to trace your email using the subject.

Your immediate response will assist us to attend to this urgently.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Buyi
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. Is there a specific date that i can expect feedback?

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Buyi,

I have tasked the team to revert to your mail and assist further. We should have your feedback the soonest and we will revert to you.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Buyi
Occasional Contributor

Subject Line is: "Funds Frozen"

Email dated: 23.08.2017

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Buyi,

Apologies for the delay in response to your email. Please confirm the address used or your subject line so that we can trace the email and assist further on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Buyi
Occasional Contributor

an email to [[email protected]] has gone unanswered for several weeks now.

Buyi
Occasional Contributor

Great, thanks. i will email you shortly.

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Buyi,

The best way to resolve this and investigate this matter further is to have your account details in place. Please mail us your full query with account details here: [email protected] for further assistance.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Buyi
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I made a payment to a supplier around the 19th July. Turned out the supplier could not supply the goods as promised after a few days.

They could NOT refund the funds as well and instead instructed Standard bank to "freeze" the funds as a fraudulent transaction.

I am made to believe that Standard bank's Fraud dept was/is handling an investigation into the matter. However, it has been 5 weeks now since the "investigation" started and i do not have a specific contact in Standard bank to be transparent with me as to the progress of the investigation and what i need to do in order to have my funds back. I am a Standard bank client and so is the supplier that i paid. Please assist, its now frustrating me in unbelieavable proportions.