Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Hot Card

7 REPLIES 7
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @zgroenewald,

Apologies for the delay. Please be advised that you can forward your full account and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "Hot Card" so that we may be able to identify your query, investigate further, and assist you in resolving this matter. 

Regards,

Mandy

zgroenewald
Occasional Contributor
Will you get back to me regarding how to fix my hot card problems
camelittaclara
Occasional Contributor
My Reply to Standard Bank
11th October 2016

Dear Nxmalo
Thank you for your reply. Internet banking is my daily usage and I can confirm that I Did Not validated my pin no.

I wasted overseas phone charges to called Standard Bank at 0800222050 on 3rd Oct 2016, after all verification, the customer service told me that my card is block because it a "HOT CARD".
Her question to me was "Did you received big amount of money from overseas to your Standard Bank?"
My Answer was "Yes!, It from my husband account in overseas for our home maintenance bills  payment and etc."

She asked me to call fraud department at 0102494222 to get them to remove the HOT CARD from my internet banking.
I called the fraud department and again did all the verification and he said his superior will contact me on my overseas contact no which I gave him xxxxxxxxxx, but until to date 11th Oct 2016 no one call me.

Very disappointed with Standard Bank, after paying high bank charges monthly as Prestige Customer and help is very lag and slow.

Now you requested me to give all the required documents,

·         Copy of the back and front of the above mentioned card.  =  (I can't give you the back of my card copy for security purpose, how can a bank asking for back copy it has CCV no. unless you are scam)

Front copy yes I can after all you already have my card no.

·         3 specimen signatures  = (bank has a copy of my specimen signature)

·         A signed letter requesting pin resetting on the card  = (This email served as I requested to unblock the HOT CARD. I did not ask to reset my password. Isn't bank website or authorize personnel can send  a link to customer to reset password themselves if the the customer are genuine person, all the security question and answer the customer must know to match?. With this authorize scan letter it open for fraud. Scam can use my letter to mend for whatever reason they want to do. So my answer is NO

·        ID copy  = (Bank has my ID copy)

What I need is call me and verify over the phone and remove the HOT CARD from my Internet banking. Once again I want to highlight to you that "I did not INVALIDATED my pin"

I might sound paranoid, it for security reason that I had learn.

Hope to hear from your end soonest .

Regards

Mrs Wareing CC

10th October 2016
Standard Bank email to me :

Hi Camelitta

Please note that our records show that you invalidated your pin on this card number xxxxxx therefore in order for our General Banking team to assist you with Pin  Resetting.

We need the following documents to be emailed to this address:[email protected]

• Copy of the back and front of the above mentioned card.
  • 3 specimen signatures
  • A signed letter requesting pin resetting on the card
  • ID copy

Our team will then assist you effectively.

Trust the above is in order.

Thank you

Thabisile

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

One of our consultants will contact you via email to assist you. 

camelittaclara
Occasional Contributor
Personal details provided

camelittaclara
Occasional Contributor

Personal details provided

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi, 

This is concerning, please forward me your ID number and email address. A consultant will look into this matter and get back to you via email. 

camelittaclara
Occasional Contributor

I'miss a prestige customer and in overseas now, I cannot make any payments to my beneficiries through my internet banking. Called to Standard Bank from overseas and done all verification over the phone, after all the verification they inform me that my card is hot card and asked me to call fraud department, called and verified all details again but still cannot resolve. He said will get his superior to contact me in my overseas no. It been 5 days now no one call untill today.  Numerous email been sending and reply, they only advise me walk in to branch. Hey, I'm in OVERSEAS now how can I walk in to Standard Bank Branch.  I need to make bills payment to beneficiries,  Telkom Bill, Rates bill etc all that in beneficiries. 

You put me under HOT Card because of I received funds from my family in overseas to help me to pay my bills in South Africa you must be crazy country. Now I incured overseas telephone calls to your bank and intrest and late fee for rates bill, late fee for Telkom. 

All these are unnecessary charges incured to me.  

What I need is ,,, PLEASE remove THE HOT CARD from my internet banking immediately.