Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How do I change my registered email address?

27 REPLIES 27
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @Bukmadder434125.

Thank you for reaching out.

That is correct; personal information is only updated by our branch team, and our branch adheres to banking policy when changing personal information.

The reason for this is to check that the information provided is correct, and there is a form you must fill out to confirm personal information updates so that the procedure runs smoothly.

Warm regards,

Standard Bank Team

Bukmadder434125
New Contributor
The lady just told me that it is compulsory to visit the branch to update my email which is to far for me now
Bukmadder434125
New Contributor
I want to update my email address please? My nearest branch is more than 100km from me
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon @Lancelotjohn.

Personal details are changed by our branch as per the banking policy.

The reason for this is to ensure that the details provided are correct, and there is a form you need to fill out for confirming personal information changes so that the process is seamless.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team

Lancelotjohn
New Contributor
Thene
I would like to change my registered email address
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @paulathomson.

When creating a digital profile, the name you initially used is the one that is appearing payment queries. 

There's two ways in which you can go about to resolve this.

• You can contact our digital team and request them to update your profile by resetting it, then register again with your updated details.
  • The second option is to contact our digital team on 0860 123 000 option 3 then 4, request the team to update your details.

Please let me know if this solution helped you.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

paulathomson

please change my user name on my accounts to my new e mail address [email protected]. I cannot get the app on my phone or laptop

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Mike48.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

Please send us an email to [email protected] with your request, and let's see how we can best assist.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Mike48
New Contributor
What a stupid answer. I am 6000 miles away. I just cannot drop in.
Mike48
New Contributor

I am in trouble and Standard Bank does not seem to care. I am now living in the UK and lost my email at the beginning of January due to the server closing my account. I now have another email account. Try as I can using [email protected] given by Standard Bank I just  the same same computer generated rubbish that in no way helps me as there is no mention how to change my email in this condition I am in. I have no email address that I can write to to get this sorted out and I obviously cannot call into their office. Anyone got any ideas.

@FanaM1 wrote:

Hi @sivecimani.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

To change your personal information in accordance with bank policy, you must visit your local branch with your ID book or card.

Kind regards,

Mike

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @sivecimani.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

To change your personal information in accordance with bank policy, you must visit your local branch with your ID book or card.

Kind regards,

Fana.

sivecimani
I need to change my email address which is [email protected] to a working one which is [email protected]
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Yonelakhayi.

You need to visit your nearest branch with your ID book/card to update your personal details.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Yonelakhayi
New Contributor
Yonelakhayi
New Contributor
I need to change my registered email address
New Contributor
New Contributor
Tshiline33
I'm unable to log on to the online banking as the registered email no longer remember it and it's deactivated
Knowlie