Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How do I request authorisation to pay Home Affairs?

Steele

According to the Home Affairs echannel, they have requested payment from my Standard Bank account but I cannot find any request under MyBills. Where do I find the request on internet banking? Would it make a difference that the account is in my name but my wife completed the application form for my son's passport?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Community Coordinator

Hi,

The MyBills feature is available on the old internet banking site. If you have a profile there, please use that platform to make a payment.

0 Kudos
Vix24
New Contributor

I have a Pay MyBills section on the new interface, but it only shows Multichoice and SARS as options. How do I add Home Affairs?

0 Kudos
JennaMonteith
New Contributor

Hi Ilana,

I have registered to my Bills and followed all steps on Standard Bank's website and Home Affairs.

Alas, there is still no bill submitted 

I am getting the error message 'Unable to retrieve this bill'

What is going on, I have tried this numerous times over weeks and am concerned that my session will expire because Standard Bank's website is not working

I have also tried botht he new and old website.

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @JennaMonteith,

Please be advised that the MyBills feature for Home Affairs payments is currently unavailable. Our development team is in the process of testing the functionality of this feature and aim to make it available as soon as possible. Please note that clients will be notified once this feature has been enabled on the online banking site.

Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
Teacher2121
0 Kudos
Mogomotsi
Occasional Visitor
Can we make a payment at the branch since the online system is down? I urgently need to get my passport and this online payment is delaying me. Kindly urgently assist.
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @Mogomotsi,

Please be advised that the Online Banking platform is currently functional. You may log into the system in order to complete payment for your passport. Please note that should you encounter any issues, you may contact the team on [email protected], forwarding your account details, ID number and contact details for further assistance.

Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
debbiefield

PLEASE!!!!!!! Help. I am trying to pay ehome affairs for my new id document. I have already taken too long last time because I CANNOT find where to pay on my internet banking!!!!!! I need urgent help with thie. 

Please! THAnk you

0 Kudos
amaryllis
Occasional Contributor

I have this questions too: Because we are not allowed to have 'joint' accounts in SA, our current account is in my name but my wife needs to make an online payment to Home Affairs from MyBills for her ID Card application so that she can make a booking to go to the bank and complete the application. But Home Affairs doesn't give her the option of putting my name down as the bank account holder and she can thus not make the payment - Catch-22. Is there a solution other than going to Home Affairs and standing in a never ending queue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grahamg
New Contributor

did anyone ever help you.......I am having the same problem

@debbiefield wrote:

PLEASE!!!!!!! Help. I am trying to pay ehome affairs for my new id document. I have already taken too long last time because I CANNOT find where to pay on my internet banking!!!!!! I need urgent help with thie. 

Please! THAnk you

0 Kudos