Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How do I request authorisation to pay Home Affairs?

23 REPLIES 23
Rene242

How long does it take for the payment to reflect under myBills.  I did the online application for a passport and the Payment status sshows that the Bank acknowledgement received.  

I cannot find this under my BILLs in the Standard banking app.

Please can someone assist me.

Kind regards

Rene Joshua

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Elenore.

This is strange. Please email us at [email protected] with your contact information.

We would want to investigate this and provide more support.

Regards,

Team Standard Bank

Elenore

I need to follow the below steps

1. Log in to internet banking.
  2. Click on transact.
  3. Under pay, click My Bills.
  4. Confirm the T's and C's by accepting.
  5. Search for DHA and subscribe before processing a payment.
  6. Then process a payment.

BUT i cannot see My Bills under pay

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Byronvv.

Thank you for contacting me.

Please see the link below for complete instructions if you are booking for someone else:

https://services.dha.gov.za/#/authenticate/identity

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you very much,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Byronvv
Does it take some time for it to be loaded on to my bills? It saying they can find anything under my id. I have logged on and off but still nothing
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Grotties.

Thank you for reaching out.

We are unable to confirm that on our end.

Please click the link below to get all the steps to follow if you are booking for someone else:

https://services.dha.gov.za/#/authenticate/identity

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Grotties
Occasional Visitor

Please assist, is it true that you can only pay if the ID Number of the applicant and the ID number of the bank account holder match? So I cannot pay for my kids or wife?

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Keyaan04,

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

ID and Passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Once the application has been initiated at dha.gov.za.

You need to subscribe first before you can make payments to DHA.

Here's how:

• Click on transact
  • Under pay, click My Bills
  • Confirm the T's and C's by accepting
  • Search for DHA and subscribe before processing a payment.
  • Then process a payment.

The bank branches are also listed on the website.

You can check from 2 - 4 weeks in advance for available dates.

Please let us know if you still require further assistance.

Kind regards
Fana.
Standard Bank Team.

Keyaan04
New Contributor
Keyaan04
New Contributor
Lk01
Sign-up from browser use your login details that you use on your app e.g your email address and password. Go to Pay scroll to "More" then my bill and search for dept of home affairs...
Sazi1

may i please have a link for standard bank website to pay DHA

Lindelani91
Occasional Visitor
I use the new internet banking site.
Grahamg
New Contributor

did anyone ever help you.......I am having the same problem

@debbiefield wrote:

PLEASE!!!!!!! Help. I am trying to pay ehome affairs for my new id document. I have already taken too long last time because I CANNOT find where to pay on my internet banking!!!!!! I need urgent help with thie. 

Please! THAnk you

amaryllis
Occasional Contributor

I have this questions too: Because we are not allowed to have 'joint' accounts in SA, our current account is in my name but my wife needs to make an online payment to Home Affairs from MyBills for her ID Card application so that she can make a booking to go to the bank and complete the application. But Home Affairs doesn't give her the option of putting my name down as the bank account holder and she can thus not make the payment - Catch-22. Is there a solution other than going to Home Affairs and standing in a never ending queue?

debbiefield

PLEASE!!!!!!! Help. I am trying to pay ehome affairs for my new id document. I have already taken too long last time because I CANNOT find where to pay on my internet banking!!!!!! I need urgent help with thie. 

Please! THAnk you

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Mogomotsi,

Please be advised that the Online Banking platform is currently functional. You may log into the system in order to complete payment for your passport. Please note that should you encounter any issues, you may contact the team on [email protected], forwarding your account details, ID number and contact details for further assistance.

Regards,

Mandy

Mogomotsi
Occasional Visitor
Can we make a payment at the branch since the online system is down? I urgently need to get my passport and this online payment is delaying me. Kindly urgently assist.
Teacher2121
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @JennaMonteith,

Please be advised that the MyBills feature for Home Affairs payments is currently unavailable. Our development team is in the process of testing the functionality of this feature and aim to make it available as soon as possible. Please note that clients will be notified once this feature has been enabled on the online banking site.

Regards,

Mandy