Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How to link Standard Bank account with PayPal

Solved
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @kobusbrum.

Thank you for reaching out.

What issues are you experiencing? What error message are you getting?

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

kobusbrum

I have greated a paypal acount and linked my credit card but there are no function for transfering funds to paypal 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Correct! That's the routing number.

Johandries86
New Contributor
This is the 9 digit routing number
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi.

Please search for PayPal tags under trending tags for more info. Details have been shared about it.

Kind regards. 

Fana.

FrankB
Make sure the card you are adding is a Credit Card, I'm sure that will solve everything
JK12

How to link Standard Bank account with PayPal?

Hilton1301

the same happens to me. Seems like FNB has the only right to transfer from paypal

Supernotion
Occasional Visitor
Makokoba
Occasional Visitor
Hi, everyone how can I link my PayPal account to my standard bank
Elixabeth04

I need the 9 digit Routing number to link PayPal to my account at Standard Bank Key West

mrfranky01
New Contributor
I am facing the exact same issue. I emailed standard Bank and am still waiting for a response. They want us to stay indoors because of Corona. Now that I'm finally doing some online freelance work, I need to have a Paypal account linked to my STD bank check card to get paid! Why must a person struggle like this. It's so demotivating! We try and try but all we get is brick walls keeping us back! Can someone please help me link my STD bank check card to Paypal. Please, I need this money as I've been retrenched and I still haven't received my UIF since January. Please email me back @ [email protected] or call me with step by step instructions. I've tried going through FNB but I'm getting errors saying that I have a profile when I have only been with STD bank my entire life! Please help!
Sithsaba

Hi community

I've been trying to link my Standard Bank account to my Paypal account and have already gone through the regular procedure (I've had my FICA documents approved through t FNB by sending it to [email protected] and have received an email with a link to link my Paypal profile through the FNB website as confirmation) but when I got to the final part of the process where I add a card to my Paypal account on the Paypal website, I'm shown a message that says, ''Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions.'' Do I have to go to a branch to link my Paypal profile account or does Standard Bank have a specific department for this type of problem online where I can report the problem?  

Go to the solution >