Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

IBAN number

MathiasMtonga

Hi please send me my IBAN number

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Lani,

Please note that we first need to determine if you are sending or receiving money. IBAN numbers are required when sending money to beneficiaries abroad, in this case the IBAN number will be provided directly by the beneficiary, however, when receiving money a Swift Code will then have to be provided together with your banking details. The Standard bank Swift Code is SBZAZAJJ. If a beneficiary is not certain on the IBAN number, he/she can contact their branch to obtain this information. Please visit: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-transfers/... for more information.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Lani

where do I find the Bank's IBAN number ?

Dan1966
New Contributor

Just called 0860 123 006 and this is what they told me...

Routing number is NOT the same as the IBAN number. The ROUTING number is 051001.

The IBAN no is the same as your account number.

Site admin, could you please confirm this is correct? 

Dan1966
New Contributor

You guys aren't telling the truth. My statement has no such number,  nor does it show on the letter confirming my account. I also don't see it through the app. . .unless I don't know what I'm looking for. 

Judging by similar requests, how can something on routine be so hard  to find?

osca738
New Contributor
osca738
New Contributor

Alloptions still i cant find my IBAN . Please help. need to give someone to send money into my account.

@StandardBankwrote:

Hi Kayleesmall25,

Your IBAN can be found by clicking directly on your account number when you are logged in to your Internet banking.

You can also locate this from your welcome letter / email and from your account statement.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @AJPS,

Please note that we first need to determine if you are sending or receiving money. IBAN numbers are required when sending money to beneficiaries abroad, in this case the IBAN number will be provided directly by the beneficiary, however, when receiving money a Swift code will then have to be provided together with your banking details. The Standard bank swift code is SBZAZAJJ. If a beneficiary is not certain on the IBAN number, he/she can contact their branch to obtain this information. Please visit: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-transfers/... for more information.

Regards,

Mandy

AJPS
New Contributor

I have tried clicking directly on my account number and it just takes me to a summary of my transactions. I cannot find my IBAN anywhere ; it's not on my welcome letter, nor on my Account Statements.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Kayleesmall25,

Your IBAN can be found by clicking directly on your account number when you are logged in to your Internet banking.

You can also locate this from your welcome letter / email and from your account statement.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

kayleesmall25
Occasional Visitor
Anybody know standard bank IBAN number???