Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

ID application

Solved
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Mellis40, ID and Passport applications are processed on the home affairs website. We only facilitate the payment process and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection. Please visit the home affairs page at: dha.gov.za. The bank branches are also listed on the websiteSmiley Happy.

Mellis40

@Vusi7 wrote:
Re: ID application

Good day

I Mellissa Mauwena Borchards wants to re-apply for a new ID as im still using my old ID book.

Kind regards

Vusi7
ChantelJVR1
New Contributor
How do I apply for my son's first id card
Zenani
Dm81
ID applecation for BOKAMOSO MASHEGO
C_Alexander

Hi

I have been to the Canal Walk branch for my bioimetrics and have now received an SMS saying I can collect my ID. Do I have to make a booking to collect my ID or can I come at any time?

How long will my ID be kept at the branch?

I have an appointment at the end of September for biometrics for my passport, would I be able to collect my ID on that same day?

Charne15
Occasional Visitor

Hi , 

So when I came to the option to make a booking at certain branches when you click to select a province etc it shows nothing to select , so I took the option no booking - visit home affairs which is a total problem for me . Isnt there another way to book at a branch , I have called standard bank numerous time and they said I can only book through home affairs page . What now??

Can anyone please help me 

Hlehle
New Contributor

I did manage to get a date. Went on the 18th June to Std Bank in Centurion. Guess what? My smart ID is ready for collection, just waiting on the passport now.

DorianM
Occasional Visitor

I have completed the forms for ID card application on the website as directed ( no red fields indicating that anything is incomplete)

However when i try to submit the form to Home affairs i recieve the following error message:

'Cannot submit

We are unable to submit your application right now, please contact your nearest Home Affairs branch for assistance.'

is this a website issue? Has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it?

(I have already applied and recieved my passport on this platform without any issues.)

thanks

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Hlehle,

We not experiencing any issues with MyBills functionality. Kindly confirm and share the initial error when trying to set up fingerprints appointment at your nearest branch. 

Please send the sreenshots to: [email protected] for further assistance. 

Regards,

Boitumelo 

Hlehle
New Contributor

I'm trying to get an appointment for my fingerprints etc, but even your call centre cannot seem to get through to the Centurion Branch. It's exhausting.

Masiso
Visitor

I have applied online and paid but I cant seem to be able to scure an appointment for my biometrics at the Standard Bank. It has been like this for 2 months now and im getting impatient. I cannot even change to another bank cos I paid through Standard Bank. Aassist

Thembisile
Occasional Visitor

Hi there

I have applied for my passport online and paid but am not being given the option to make an appointment at Standard Bank Killarney - the only option being given to me is for Centurian. I live in Joburg so would much prefer going to Killarney if possible. Please advise?

Kind regards

Thembi

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Darryl250916,

Kindly be advised that you may apply for your smart ID through the eHome Affairs website, making use of the following link: https://ehome.dha.gov.za/echannel. Once you've completed the process on this channel, you may proceed to using the Online Banking platform to to send through payment for your Smart ID. Please be advised that, upon confirmation, your smart ID can be collected at one of the following branches as per your choice, Killarney branch (JHB), Centurion branch and Canal Walk branch. For more information, please visit: https://www.standardbank.co.za/southafrica/personal/products-and-services/ways-to-bank/self-service-...

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Darryl250916
How do I apply for my smart card id via standard bank
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @marlon2013,

Kindly be advised that you may apply for your smart ID through the eHome Affairs website, making use of the following link: https://ehome.dha.gov.za/echannel. Once you've completed the process on this channel, you may proceed to using the Online Banking platform to to send through payment for your Smart ID. Please be advised that, upon confirmation, your smart ID can be collected at one of the following branches as per your choice, Killarney branch (JHB), Centurion branch and Canal Walk branch.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

marlon2013

My name is Tessa and i would like to apply for my smart ID.

thank you

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please be advised that the whole process of applying is on the Home Affairs website.Please click on the link provided:https://ehome.dha.gov.za/eChannel/Home/UserFiltering

The pilot phase is at  Centurion, Killarney & Canal Walk branches.

ravenwp

Good Day,

Can we please get an update on the Smart Card ID Document, do you have any branches in Cape Town that are issueing them yet?

Kind Regards