Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Immediate Payments on internet banking

12 REPLIES 12
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @ML2101.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

The information was shared a while ago on this platform, and we ask that you follow the below link for more information regarding immediate payments:

https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Key-app-features/Immediate-Payments-on-the-Mobile-Banking-Ap...

This information shared by us provides you with an answer.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

ML2101
Is it possible to have the immediate payment option available as I am doing a lot of payments from my account after hours, because of my work schedule

Duchess_1
This is not true I am linked to Digimi and for some reason I cannot do immediate transfers. How do I go about it to get it part of my payment options.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Hlulani20.

Thank you for reaching out.

Please be advised that payments processed over the weekend or on public holidays may be delayed.

Are there funds still not reflecting?

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank team.

Hlulani20
That is standard bank for you... I tried their so called immediate payment on weekend they took the R50 and boom it reflected on Monday
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello there.

Thank you for reaching out.

Immediate payment is available from 06:00 - 22:00. The option is not available when you are trying to process an immediate payment after 22:00.

If your device is not linked and secured (DigiMe), you will not be able to process it. The mobile app will prompt you to link your device.

Are you getting any error messages, or the immediate payment switch is greyed out?

Kind regards,
Fana.
Standard Bank Team.

My app does not show immediate payment
Zipho2
My app doesn't show immediate payment option
deonnoelhenn
Occasional Visitor

I made an "immediate" paymnet yesterday at 8 am to Capitec account for which i was charged R50 fee.

This payment has not as yet cleared today and my business is standing because of it.

Poor service.

Tshifu
I am also waiting for my money from Standard bank account to another Standard bank account. It's been more than 4 hours and still no sign of any money clearing. They should change their system so we know that there's no such as immediate payment for Standard bank.
Johmq
Regular Visitor
How long does it takr to show in fnb with emmidiate payment. Out of my account with r50 fee. Not in receipients account after 3 hours
Hbk2001

This is really the worst online bank in the world!

Friday I did a payment on my app from my Standard Bank Credit Card to one of my suppliers with a Standard Bank account.  3 hours later I drove almost 2 hours to collect the stock and the money wasn't reflecting in their account.  I phoned Standard Bank and they told me it is because I used my Credit Card and my app which could take up to 24 hours to reflect (Std Bank to Std Bank).  After a while I managed to pursuade the manager to release my stock.

Today I had another payment to a Standard Bank account.  So I used my savings account and I used my Online Banking.  Exactly the same issue.  Almost 4 hours later and the money is still not reflecting in their account and my driver is standing and waiting.

I have never ever experienced this with Absa to Absa, FNB to FNB, Nedbank to Nedbank or even Absa to Woolworths!!?? 

But Standard Bank (the biggest bank in South Africa) wants to take all the money transfer daily by South Africans and keep an extra day of interest for themselves.

Really upset and angry.

CD1

I was told if I want money to be immediately paid into a beneficiary account, I should use the Immidiate payment option.

It does'nt exist on Internet banking...no where to tick that option when doing a payment!!!