Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Incoming international transfers

sstruben
New Contributor

And do I require specific routing instructions for a transfer from the UK to SA? 

sstruben
New Contributor

Hello!

I am expecting a payment from the UK but they require my banks address. Do I supply them with the Head Office address in JHB? Or with my branch address? 

Thank you :) 

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Colmic74,

Please be advised that when receiving money through an international transfer, the relevant swift code will have to be provided together with your banking details. The Standard bank swift code is SBZAZAJJ.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Colmic74

Hi 

I have someone wanting to make an internation paymnent into my standard bank cheque account.

Apparently I need to provide them with a SWIFT code? How do I get a SWIFT code?

nomacebondlv
Occasional Visitor

Hello how long does it take for money to reflect in my account if i receive wire transfer from the US

miloman99
New Contributor

Hi can you give me the routing number? I need to be paid and I am required to provide this bank's (Standard Bank) routing number

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Steve1957,

The sender will have to ask their bank for IBAN number and share with you.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Steve1957
New Contributor

Hi am receiving money from overseas and need to give the person doing the transfer the IBAN number. Can you assist me in getting this number.

thanks

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Steve1957,

We first need to determine if you are sending or receiving money. IBAN numbers are required when sending money to beneficiaries abroad, in this case the IBAN number will be provided directly by the beneficiary, however, when receiving money a Swift code will then have to be provided together with your banking details.

The Standard bank swift code is SBZAZAJJ. If a beneficiary is not certain on the IBAN number, he/she can contact their branch to obtain this information. Please visit: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-transfers/... 

Let me know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Steve1957
New Contributor

Good afternoon,

i want ant to have some money transferred into my account but need an IBAN number SWIFT code and bank address, where do I get these from