Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Incoming international transfers

Steve1957
New Contributor

Incoming international transfers

Good afternoon,

i want ant to have some money transferred into my account but need an IBAN number SWIFT code and bank address, where do I get these from

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES
Community Coordinator

Re: Incoming international transfers

Hello @Steve1957,

We first need to determine if you are sending or receiving money. IBAN numbers are required when sending money to beneficiaries abroad, in this case the IBAN number will be provided directly by the beneficiary, however, when receiving money a Swift code will then have to be provided together with your banking details.

The Standard bank swift code is SBZAZAJJ. If a beneficiary is not certain on the IBAN number, he/she can contact their branch to obtain this information. Please visit: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-transfers/... 

Let me know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

0 Kudos
Steve1957
New Contributor

Hi am receiving money from overseas and need to give the person doing the transfer the IBAN number. Can you assist me in getting this number.

thanks

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @Steve1957,

The sender will have to ask their bank for IBAN number and share with you.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

0 Kudos
miloman99
New Contributor

Hi can you give me the routing number? I need to be paid and I am required to provide this bank's (Standard Bank) routing number

0 Kudos
nomacebondlv
Occasional Visitor

Hello how long does it take for money to reflect in my account if i receive wire transfer from the US

0 Kudos
Colmic74

Hi 

I have someone wanting to make an internation paymnent into my standard bank cheque account.

Apparently I need to provide them with a SWIFT code? How do I get a SWIFT code?

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @Colmic74,

Please be advised that when receiving money through an international transfer, the relevant swift code will have to be provided together with your banking details. The Standard bank swift code is SBZAZAJJ.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
sstruben
New Contributor

Hello!

I am expecting a payment from the UK but they require my banks address. Do I supply them with the Head Office address in JHB? Or with my branch address? 

Thank you :) 

0 Kudos
sstruben
New Contributor

And do I require specific routing instructions for a transfer from the UK to SA? 

0 Kudos
Frederik
Visitor

I have made an international transfer into my current account almost 3 weeks ago but it is still not reflecting. Who can I contact or how can I follow up with this? I'm not currently in South Africa to make phone calls.
0 Kudos
fjflow
New Contributor

Hi . I am receiving money via International Bank transfer  (NOTE THIS IS NOT A PAYPAL QUERY) I have the SWIFT CODE but they also want this : • Bank Code (Transit number) 0 xxx yyyyy where xxx are the first three numbers of the bank code and yyyyy are the first five numbers of the branch code. What is the Bank code for Standard bank? How do we find it, please.

0 Kudos
fjflow
New Contributor

No reply --- so I ask again ----- 

Hi. I am receiving money via International Bank transfer  (NOTE THIS IS NOT A PAYPAL QUERY) I have the SWIFT CODE but they also want this : • Bank Code (Transit number) 0 xxx yyyyy where xxx are the first three numbers of the bank code and yyyyy are the first five numbers of the branch code. What is the Bank code for Standard bank? How do we find it, please.

0 Kudos
Danies1

I need to have the routing number for standardbank to enable me to connect my account with Paypal

0 Kudos

Hi there

I need an IBAN and BIC no for money to be transferred from Holland. Please assist.

Thanks

Jean Campbell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coordinator

Hi @17152

IBAN numbers are required when sending money to beneficiaries abroad, in this case the IBAN number will be provided directly by the beneficiary, however, when receiving money a Swift code will then have to be provided together with your banking details.

The Standard bank swift code is SBZAZAJJ. If a beneficiary is not certain on the IBAN number, he/she can contact their branch to obtain this information. Please visit: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-transfers/... 

Let me know should you still need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

0 Kudos