Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Incoming international transfers

29 REPLIES 29
Bruce74G

Good Day, I have two accounts at the Hazyview branch and I now want to transfer some funds from the UK to one of these accounts. The process in the UK is straightforward enough providing you have all the information required.

For this I need a IBAN or swift code number , full postal address and branch code of the bank.

How do I obtain a swift code and the hazyview branch code ?

Thanks

Aviwe3
New Contributor
How long does it take for money to get to my accounts from over seas
Aviwe3
New Contributor
How long will incoming money take to reflect
djveeja79

hi how can i get IBAN number

Leratodwa1
Occasional Visitor
What is my bank routing code.
CB02
Visitor
How do I verify if an overseas client says they have send me a MT799 ?
Christine21
New Contributor
I have requested that customer advices for incoming international funds be sent to me for 2020 but have received no reply.
Christine21
New Contributor
I have requested that customer advices for incoming international funds be sent to me for 2020 but have received no reply.
Cate36
Occasional Visitor

This is great. Thank you Toml.  

TomI
New Contributor

Why do the staff on this forum not know this information if it is so easy to get!!!!!

TomI
New Contributor

I just contacted Standard Bank international 0860 123 006 and got the IBAN no. which is ZA051001 followed by you current account no.

TomI
New Contributor

I am told that you need an iban no.to get money transferred from the UK.what is this?

Elzabe
New Contributor
Previously I found this on google
paulhart

I will be receiving funds from overseas. I have the Standard bank SWIFT address.

1. Do I need to provide the overseas bank with an IBAN number?

2. I read that the branch code that should be used is 051001. That is different from my branch code for gateway. Which should I use?

3. I read that iIll be contacted to be asked why the money has been sent to me. However, I'll be overseas for 6 months on a different sim card. Will they email me?

Thanks,

Paul

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hi @17152

IBAN numbers are required when sending money to beneficiaries abroad, in this case the IBAN number will be provided directly by the beneficiary, however, when receiving money a Swift code will then have to be provided together with your banking details.

The Standard bank swift code is SBZAZAJJ. If a beneficiary is not certain on the IBAN number, he/she can contact their branch to obtain this information. Please visit: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-transfers/... 

Let me know should you still need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Occasional Visitor

Hi there

I need an IBAN and BIC no for money to be transferred from Holland. Please assist.

Thanks

Jean Campbell

Danies1

I need to have the routing number for standardbank to enable me to connect my account with Paypal

fjflow
New Contributor

No reply --- so I ask again ----- 

Re: Incoming international transfers

Hi. I am receiving money via International Bank transfer  (NOTE THIS IS NOT A PAYPAL QUERY) I have the SWIFT CODE but they also want this : • Bank Code (Transit number) 0 xxx yyyyy where xxx are the first three numbers of the bank code and yyyyy are the first five numbers of the branch code. What is the Bank code for Standard bank? How do we find it, please.

fjflow
New Contributor

Hi . I am receiving money via International Bank transfer  (NOTE THIS IS NOT A PAYPAL QUERY) I have the SWIFT CODE but they also want this : • Bank Code (Transit number) 0 xxx yyyyy where xxx are the first three numbers of the bank code and yyyyy are the first five numbers of the branch code. What is the Bank code for Standard bank? How do we find it, please.

Frederik
Visitor
I have made an international transfer into my current account almost 3 weeks ago but it is still not reflecting. Who can I contact or how can I follow up with this? I'm not currently in South Africa to make phone calls.