Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Instant money voucher

Bev_S
New Contributor

Instant money voucher

I did an “Instant“ money transaction because I needed to transfer money urgently. Received NO voucher number so had leave where I was to go into the bank to sort out. Aggravation!!!! What is INSTANT money for if it’s only received a week later ... AFTER 20 minutes on my cell phone to STD bank??? Is this Instant Money a scam???? Were they hoping I wouldn’t query it ?????
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Coordinator

Re: Instant money voucher

Hello @Bev_S 

I can understand your frustration on this on would like to apologise for the inconvenience this delay may have caused. Please rest assured that he Instant Money feature is not a scam but a credible cash send function available for our customers to use in order to send cash quickly and safely to anyone in SA with a cellphone number, for PIN-controlled cardless collection at our ATMs or retail partners. Once you've created the cash send, the voucher number should be sent instantly to recipient, should this not be the case, kindly alert out team on 0860 466 639, or forward a mail to [email protected] for further assistance. 

Please accept my apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
Bev_S
New Contributor

Re: Instant money voucher

Thanks for your reply however ... I used the so-called "Instant Money" facility thinking it would get the money to the payee that day without the inconvenience of me running around. 

I only received the voucher number a week later - after costs to me for half an hour on my cell phone - yet you still have the audacity to charge me the fee for using this so-called Instant Money facility :(

0 Kudos