Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Interbank transfer clearing time

4 REPLIES 4
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Ethan007 ,

Please confirm if this is still an issue? Note, all transfers that from any other account to other banks will take 24hrs to 72hrs business days and this will include Monday to Friday and exclude weekends and public holidays.

You can always choose an option for immediate payment, which you will be charged R10 service fee for transfer under R3000 and R50 for above R3000. Immediate payments may take up to 2hrs and you can pay up to R200 000 per transaction, subject to your EAP limit.

Let us know should you have further questions on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Ethan007
On Saturday night I transferred an amount from my business cheque account into a capitec account. It's now Monday 17.33pm and the funds do not reflect. This is the longest I have waited for any money. This is never the case with other banks.
Charlechill
Occasional Visitor
I agree with you completely on the immediate transfer fees. Their way too high. The definetly should reconsider.
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Taffy,

Please be advised that payments from Standard Bank to other banks may take two to three business days to reflect on the beneficiary's statement. Please visit; https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Internet-banking/EFT-clearance-time/ta-p/523 for more details on our clearance times. Should the funds not clear within the noted time, please note that you may contact customer care on 0860 123 000 or send your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "EFT clearance" so that we may look into where the funds are rooted and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Taffy
New Contributor
I made a normal EFT payment to a Capitec account, and I’d like to know how long it’ll take to clear? Thanks.

PS Your immediate clearance fees are ridiculously high. Please kindly reduce them.