Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Inward remittances

2 REPLIES 2
KurtWill
Contributor

Hi Herbert64, Kindly request a copy of the SWIFT message from the remitting bank and provide it as proof that funds were sent to/or recevied by SBSA on a specific date. If your excon approval is in place and the bank is at fault, request them to reverse the unpaid fees and prive correct the value date to your account due to interest lost etc.

Herbert64
Occasional Visitor
For the first time in 15 years my monthly salary from abroad is not being processed. It was always done on the same day. Now by 4 December still not processed. Multiple emails ignored. All numbers on standard bank are no longer contactable from a cellphone from abroad - have to use a landline. There has been a precipitous drop in service in the past few months to a point where I cannot trust the bank and for sure this message will unheeded too.
JohnM
New Contributor

I have been waiting since 4th October for an inward remittance to be credited to my account. It is now 9th October. The overseas bank has confirmed that Standard Bank was ctedited on 4th October, but there is no sign of the credit. Meanwhile, Standard Bank has rejected a numbre of direct debits due to "insufficient funds", and they will undoubtedly charge extoritionately for the inward remittance. This is, at best, inefficient, and perhaps fraudulent. I cannot yet confirm that the transfer has been completed, even though all details are accurate.