Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Locked out of online profile, sending OTP to old number

8 REPLIES 8
BRUWER140464
My otp is lock how can I open it
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @Unhappy_Client_.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We're sorry to hear about that. We take such issues very seriously.

Please send us an email with a screen shot of the error message you are receiving so we are able to assist.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

unathivimbai
Occasional Visitor
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Kindly share his email address to fast track it.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Yourstruly
New Contributor

Hi Fana, my husband sent an email on Monday night. Surname Woodhams. Please follow up on this for me

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi.

Please email my team on the email address I provided below with all the documents requested for assistance with OTP preference.

Kind regards.

Fana.

Unhappy_Client_
Occasional Visitor

Hi

I am in New Zealand. I have lost access to my Gmail account ( that is where I get my OTP)

I now need my OTP to be sent to my new email address. It seems no one can help me in Standard bank.

I have literally spent days trying to contact the call centre. Still had no success.

Just not sure what to do anymore? Please email me a response to [email protected].

Can anyone help me?????

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Yourstruly.

We would love to assist with your request.

OTP's are amended by our branch team since they need to validate customers personal details. When a customer is not in the country, we will need security documents to ensure that we are assisting the accurate customer. Furthermore, we can only assist if the email address you would need to change to is on file. Should the email not be on any of your banking profiles, our team will not be able to assist.

Please send us the below documents to enable us to assist you further.

- Front and back of your card.

-3 specimen signatures

-Copy of ID and Passport.

-Letter confirming the email address you need to change the OTP's to and card number you use on internet banking.

Upon receipt of all correspondence, our team will assist you effectively.

Please forward all these documents to [email protected] for assistance.

Kind regards.

Fana.

Yourstruly
New Contributor

I live abroad and cannot access my SB banking profile (I'd forgotten the password), I've called the bank a few times but they keep sending OTP to my old number.  Surely there has to be a way to gain access to my account online, without having to travel back to SA to do so.