Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Naedo Representation debit order

Solved
40 REPLIES 40
KingOscar1
Good day,

My name is oscar, I have recently relocated to Canada and tried to do few debit order however I would like to know which company is represented by Naedo from my side.

I asked to be assisted at standard bank OR Tambo airport with OPT going to my email when i transact but that was not achieved as it still goes to my mobile number which I don’t have access too. Kindly assist
LuvaneReddy
Occasional Visitor
I find it very weird that other Standard Bank account holders with student accounts have experienced this problem.

I've had issues with debit orders being taken off my student achiever account between 2016 and 2017 and I had to spend my own money to call standard bank every single month to cancel debit orders that clearly I hadn't taken. Yet you ask me to call that service provider knowing that it is a fake company.

I also find it curious that I haven't had this issue for the entirety of 2018 but as soon as I had no money in my account in December, about 4 or 5 debit orders have been taken off and now I owe about R500 to standard bank for not having money in my account. Why should I pay this if you, as Standard Bank, know that these debit orders are an ongoing problem for many of your account holders? Why am I punished if I made no such agreement with that clearly fake company?

Please rectify this as I feel it is absolutely unfair. I was a student. I'm currently unemployed so how do you expect me to pay for having no funds in my account for a debit order that's clearly a scam. It makes no sense whatsoever.
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @MoniqueS79,

I can understand your frustration, Debit Order fraud is a distressing experience, especially as it affects clients from all banks. To decisively deal with this, local banks have jointly launched the DebiCheck service. It sounds like you've already spoken to a few of our customer service representatives, but just to reiterate to you – Standard Bank will always assist you to Reverse, Stop or Investigate any account Debit Orders. Should you pick any irregularities, you can then let Standard Bank know of this by calling us on 0860 123 000 (as we need to ensure we are assisting the right person) or by visiting any branch for help with this. To monitor your account, you can either use Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App (now with DebiCheck integration) and also enable MyUpdates, to receive real-time alerts for transactions on your account. I hope this is helpful – we have also written a blog that explains your options in more detail. Should you need additional assistance if you want us to call, please send an email to [email protected].  

Regards,

Mandy

MoniqueS79
Occasional Visitor

I have 2 debit orders going off my account monthly one of R99 and another for R89 EVERY month I have to phone to have it reversed..... I was told that the bank cannot stop these debit orders I should contact the companies that loaded the debit orders, Which I did NUMEROUS times, and yet it goes off monthly. My husband is with another bank, and had the same problem, his bank had NO PROBLEM stopping the debit orders from their side, WHY can Standard Bank not do the same??? I now leave the money to go off every month, even though the companies cannot give me ANY proof of where I gave consent for these debit orders to go off. Does Standard Bank even ask for this proof to let the debit orders go off? Considering changing banks, if it is that easy to let debit orders go off my account every month, how safe is my money?????

NT-Kubheka
New Contributor

This naedo thing is really getting out of hand, so now it's my resposibility to reverse the debit order and what about the fees I incur, I must also pay for that. I sent an email to [email protected] and still no reply. Branches are useless too. if this issue continue to persists, I will not only move to another bank but will show everyone how neglegent and evasive standard bank is when it comes to sorting out these issues. Seems like they are protecting these scammers and not us their clients that bring them revenue.

maggyD444
I have just received an SMS that say my account will be debited with R99.99 on the 15.08.2018 from AATRADING. And I dnt know anything about this.
Morongoe
Occasional Visitor
I'm experiencing the same thing right now and what's sad is that my bank can't help me. The people debiting from my account I can't find them. Their contacts are no longer working. I even paid more than the money we agreed on. And yet my bank can't help me. How do I solve this.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @non,

We would like to look further into this for you. Kindly share with us your account details and contact numbers.

As soon as we receive your query with the details we will investigate this matter and revert with feedback.

Let us know should you require further assist assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

non
New Contributor

sitting here thinking about this, I believe that someone is giving our details to this people, the minutes you get more than what you normally get every month this debit orders increases, how can i get around +10 debits of this kind in a month.  The first time I notice them they were 2 which was about R200.00, a thousand rand it is a lot of money seriously!!!!!

non
New Contributor

Looking at my account this morning I picked up that from the 15June 2018 the amount that has been deducted is R1074.98, the R99, R89, R99.99 do you realise that as a bank you have an obligation to me as a client to protect my details especially when it comes to money.  How am I supposed to come to the bank every month to do this reversal this is too much.  Especially now that majority of people are complaining about this.  Seriously I also believe that moving my account to another bank that will take this seriously and make sure that my account is private as it should be will be the best way to go.  We dont have moeny to waste now that everything is so expensive i am so mad and hurt with this of Standardbank

Willies1
Regular Visitor

Hi guys, NAEDO deducted R99.00 in my account. but they reversed it, can you please help how did they get my information?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @MduduziM,

Could you kindly get in touch with our customer care center on 0860 123 000 or forward you account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "Naedo Representation debit order" in order for one of our consultants to look into this issue for you and assist with the reversal. Please be advised that the debit order reversal request needs to be done within 45 days for the debit order date.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

MduduziM
New Contributor

LUVMORE ENTERPRISES  (K2015/286557/07) (in business since 2015/08/14)

DIRECTOR: SHIVESH SINGH (890103 XXX 08 X)

28 Westmount Drive 

Mount Edgecombe

Durban, KZN

NOT REGISTERED WITH NCR AS A COLLECTOR OR CREDIT COMPANY

MduduziM
New Contributor

In basic theory you mean that its not your problem our accounts get hacked and anyone can do whatever they want into our bank accounts? How do these people get this details because its not only one person that gets affected by this numerous people have been affected and you telling us to get in touch with them when we do not know who this people are. It has been years and they are still active in this scheme. When you allow money out of people's accounts which bank and account is it going to?

siphokazi2
New Contributor

This bank is becoming **bleep** now. After sending an email and i was told someone would contact me......i am still waiting. I had to use my airtime to call STD bank and then was told they will impose a stop payment charging me R55. I have sent the email to ask.SBSA....and i will not be paying any R55, infact i should be getting the charges charged reversed. STD bank is being fradulent by wanting me to pay R55 to reverse something that happed due to their carelessness . If this R55 gets deducted i will be closing my account by the end of June !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what is the point of banking with you guys. A friend of mine is with Capitec and is happy and they do not have any of these stupid charges for the bank's fault. I am about to follow her now...................... What pissed me off is being told i must be on the lookout for the debit order and then reverse the debit order if it goes off,wow meaning STD bank makes more money...............i hate this bank your service is terrible

xolanimkandla
New Contributor
how to activate debit order
Masogesi
New Contributor
Your answer is no help at all. Banks are irresponsible and do not take seriously the interests of its customers. I reported to the fraud unit of an impending illegal debit and was told the bank cannot help. All I can do is get the unauthorized debit reversed. Lo and behold, the debit went through this morning. The debit is from a scam that has been going on for sometime but banks refuse to deal with these known scammers. Maybe one needs to move one’ account to other institutions who might care else just withdraw all my money on the paydate and keep it under the mattress. At I can shoot and kill whoever tries to steal it from there. These scammers have account registered in some bank and the debit actually indicates which account is to be the recipient of my money harvested from my account. What is so difficult with closing these accounts and arresting the offenders? Standardbank please jack up your act otherwise you are going to lose clients
Patrick
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Solwazi,

The best way to resolve this is to forward us your full account details with contact details. Please include the transactions and dates so that we can investigate this matter further and feedback to you.

You can email us here: [email protected]

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Solwazi
I am a student with a student current account and i've just been billed for the same thing.

The disgusting part about this is the fact that i have to use more money to call the bank, amd then no one picks up. There isnt even a system in place to return unanswered calls.

Im going to have to use more money to get to the bank again tomorrow and wait for hours before getting assistance. And i wont get refunded for the charges anyways.

I dont even know why im banking with standard bank anyways because every month is one struggle or another. The service is exceptionally poor.

I registered for bank notifications and they dont even send one to inform me of what goes on with my account.

I dont see how its my account if anyone can institute a debit order on it without my consent and the bank doesnt even think to confirm with me first.

Then they tell ke its my job to stop this thing. Why should i bank with you if my money isnt safe?!!!!

I need assistance ASAP so someone better call me.
Tkzee
New Contributor
I don’t understand how std bank requires me to track/stop a debit order I did not initiate and further investigate a company I don’t even know. The origin of the transaction is between the company and the bank yet it’s my responsibility🤷🏾‍♂️?
A simple control is that each debit order transaction should have my authority whether electronically or signed form filed by the bank. It would make more sense to assume responsibility if someone forged my signature but if someone accessed my details and just instructed my bank to pay from my account and my bank actions this without any control check, there’s a serious control weakness there.

Fact is is Most of us don’t know these companies or where they get such sensitive information. I’m also convinced that there can be an IT solution that can at least detect abnormal debit orders such abnormal date of order, common reference used in previous fraudulent orders etc.

I’m also told other banks allow these queries to be raised via App, surely that is convenience.