Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Negative account

2 REPLIES 2
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, Community members.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Several circumstances can cause your account to have a negative balance.

At this point, we are unable to guess or provide any explanations without completing an inquiry.

We would appreciate it if you could provide your account information to [email protected].

We look forward to receiving your email so that we can provide additional assistance.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Windykobe
I am frustrated as we speak.. Worst the money is in my Puresave account.
Rambo112
I dont understand certain things with standard bank, all of a suden my account is in a negative, how is this possible if my statement reflected there is no outstanding card authorisations. I was literally refeuling 15mins again and when i checked my account, it is -899 so please explain to me how this is possible. Where did my money go to? Here i am stranded because i cant make any payments nor receive any payments. Please just explain the logic behind all this mess. I dont think i can trust this bank anymore. 4month ago 4k was deducted out of my account and im still waiting on feedback from your fraud department and now my account is in a negative!! Worst bank ever.