Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

OTP NUMBER CHANGE

Solved
21 REPLIES 21
Lusanda123
Hi on Friday I was at the branch I did sign the otp form but my number has not changed the told me to wait for 24 hours I did but still my number has not changed
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon @tbkmazi.

Thank you for reaching out.

Contact numbers are changed by our branch as per the banking policy.

The reason for this is to ensure that the details provided are correct, and there is a form you need to fill out to confirm a contact number change so that the process is seamless.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

tbkmazi
Occasional Contributor
tbkmazi
Occasional Contributor
nhlapogugu
New Contributor
I have visited the branch to change my cellphone number and have had the consultant submit the OTP form but still experiencing problems. OTP is sent to the previous number
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello there :)

We appreciate you getting in contact.

Only employees of the branch can edit contact information. To request that your information be updated to the new one, you must complete an OTP form.

Please let us know which branch you visited so we can update your contact information.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

New Contributor
Hi,I changed my number from 0630561616 to 0781091997 so when I login on my standard bank app OTP still used 0630561616 that I no longer use
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Nothembinkosi.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

Please tell us how would you like us to assist you?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Nothembinkosi
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @wonderzishadi01.

We appreciate you contacting us.

In order for the OTP to be delivered to your new mobile number, it appears that our branch personnel did not change your contact information.

Please provide us with your new contact information, email address, and the name of the branch you visited.

We'd like to assist you in resuming your banking activities.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

wonderzishadi01
New Contributor
Can you help me with otp
wonderzishadi01
New Contributor
I change the number on the branch now i can't get otp number
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Richardsimelane.

Thank you for reaching out.

This certainly sounds like a frustrating experience.

We would love to understand more about what went wrong.

Please contact us and tell us what issues you are experiencing on 0860 123 000 option 3 then 4.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Richardsimelane
New Contributor
Can I get my blocked app unblocked. I lost my phone on Sunday
Richardsimelane
New Contributor
I need OTP blocker to be lifted on my app. My number is 0721721790
shaheeth

Hi there

I have been a victim in a robbery hence my cell phone had been stolen and i had requested to change otp number. I had visited a standard bank branch on 3 occasions with all required documents and stood in lines with 40 people before me  with efforts to resolve this. When i leave the branch i am notified that it has been resolved however its been 4 days and i still have non of my funds available to me. 

As a client of standard bank over the past 7 years and i have never experienced or recived support or service like this.

Can somebody please assist me, as i am not willing to make another visit to the bank given the current pandemic.

kind regards

Shaheeth singh

Boitumelo
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hell @adriamvanroois,

Please note that the number change is considered a high security measure to safe guard your account. You will need to contact us on 0860 123 000 for authentication before we can perform the number change.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Boitumelo

adriamvanroois
holly1

I am in the UK and do not receive my OTP anymore because my sim card doesnt work here.  I need to change my OTP to my email please. How can I do this?

Pieterandlynn
What if your nearest branch is 14000 km away?