Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Outstanding Card Authorisation and refund

27 REPLIES 27
TtTeddy
New Contributor

Hi Thank you for the response, so since i was charged twice will one of the charge amounts be returned to my accout in full?

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon, @TtTeddy.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please be advised that the process of reversing outstanding funds back into your account typically takes 10 working days.

It's important to note that you may not receive an SMS alert once the funds have been reversed. Instead, your account will automatically adjust accordingly.

Should you find that the funds have not reflected in your account after this period, please don't hesitate to contact our team at 0860 123 000, selecting option 3, then 3, for further assistance.

Best regards, Standard Bank Team

TtTeddy
New Contributor

Hi i was technically charged twice for a payment for a WiFi contract, the money was taken off on the 12th of April and says Outstanding Card Authorisation and on the 18th of the April i was charged again. What is the process of recieving my money back and how long will i wait?

Misskma
Good day

There is a outstanding card authorization in my card, that I just realized that those people are fraudsters. How do I reverse the amount. Please help
Tinyiko7
New Contributor
In the meantime I must die of hunger
SilindileMbo
Community Coordinator

Hi Tinyiko7,

Thank you for expressing your concerns. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and we appreciate for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback.

Kindly note that our current system processes the refund request in the stipulated 10 working days, however we are constantly seeking ways to improve our services and we will take your suggestion into consideration.

Regards

Silindile

Tinyiko7
New Contributor
Why 10 working days. This should d take 24hrs. Come on now.. This is way over irritating. The pain of getting paid. But unable to buy groceries becoz of an unauthorized payment that's stuck on the card.. Are you guys trying to close down for business or what
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Nelisto.

Thank you for reaching out.

Please note that outstanding funds to reversed back into your account takes 10 working days.

You will not receive an SMS alerting you of the funds being reversed back. The account will auto correct itself.

If the funds do not reflect on your account, please contact our team on 0860 123 000 option 3 then 3 for assistance.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Nelisto

Made 2 payments on Easypay using debit card, funds were deducted twice but because it was the incorrect amount(due to ISP price increase) the payments was reversed. The banking app is showing outstanding card authorisation and the money has not been returned to my account. 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Mn13.

Which card were you using and was the transaction successful? If yes, the funds will be deducted on your account when UberEats bank their funds.

The status will then change to card purchase and the actual date of the transaction.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Mn13
Just ordered something on online(UberEats) and the banking app is showing outstanding card authorisation. Even though my I had more than enough funds to complete the purchase. Seems to be an ongoing problem with Standar Bank. Why is this going on?
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @masterdupie.

We sincerely apologise and regret the inconvenience caused.

There were technical issues with making payments using credit and cheque cards at Point of Sale (POS).

All services have now been fully restored. 

Please try it once more and let us know if you are still getting the same error message.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

masterdupie
I tried to buy a subscription on another friends console but it did not go through but I tried to pay 3 times but the money went through 3 times but it says outstanding card authorisation so will i get my money back or not
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Cawa.

Please share more about this so I am able to assist.

Are you referring to the long wait or bounced debit orders?

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Cawa

I am being sent from pillar to post and the number 0860123000 just plays music non stop. Please cancel this **bleep** thing, it is not working for me, my debit orders came back unpaid and attracted charges which am going to make a point that they get reversed.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Dlalo.

I understand your concerns. Are you registered for self-service banking? We have two balances on the app available/ latest balance.

They work differently and you should focus on your available balance before you can process transactions.

Are you registered for self-service? Mobile app.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Dlalo
This outstanding card authorisation is very frustrating. I can't always do my calculations to prevent going to overdraft because of the false statements that appears on my account. Sometimes I'm not even conscious of this. Honestly, I enjoyed the old system, this that I'm experiencing now frustrates me.
Lizzy3
New Contributor
I’m also experiencing the same thing. Worse part when i call no one answers and no response to my emails
UNKNOWN5691
I have been waiting since the 22nd of September for my money to be refunded, I called in, the consultant's response was "wait 10 days", it's the 9th day, and still no refund
Justin1987
Standard Bank fix my card outstanding authorization kindly please and thank you.