Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Passport Booking at Kingsmead Durban

Solved
75 REPLIES 75
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon, @DrNivi.

Thank you for informing us that you have completed your biometrics and that your passport is ready for collection.

The next steps would be to visit the designated collection point to retrieve your passport.

Please ensure to bring along any necessary documentation or identification that may be required for the collection process.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, please feel free to let us know.

Warm regards,

Standard Bank Team

DrNivi
I have completed my biometrics.
And my passport is ready for collection.
What are next steps?
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @Flower1.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

It seems that the process may not have been completed correctly.

After making the payment on internet banking, please return to the Home Affairs webpage and refresh it to ensure the payment confirmation is properly filtered through.

If the confirmation doesn't appear, kindly check your application status to verify if the payment reflects. Additionally, review your bank account to confirm whether the funds were deducted.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team

Flower1
New Contributor
All the above has been done. I don't need that info again. I have been through it.
Flower1
New Contributor
I have gone through the application process, made the payment. I am not able to proceed to step 5, book an appointment. According to the site I have not paid. I have proof of payment.
Derek_Alexander
New Contributor
Thanks for that. After my rant, I phoned my Private Banker who advised the same thing.
prenellekrishna
New Contributor
Hi there, I experienced the same issue as you until I realised that you need to log onto the DHA website at 6AM and then find a booking slot. Treat the DHA website as if its a real home affairs office and people are waiting in que - 'first come first serve'. The DHA website opens at 6AM so log on at that time. Hope this helps.
Derek_Alexander
New Contributor

This issue of not being able to select a date range for a biometrics appointment for passport renewal at Kingsmead persists. The advice previously given by Stanadr Bank to manually enter dates is apparently spurious; I've tried a variety of date formats without success. I expect better service from the Standard Bank, especially given the hype around this passport renewal service (or is this yet more PR hot air about customer care?). Consider me a very disgruntled, long-standing private banking customer!

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Neereshnee.

ID and passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process, and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Once the application has been initiated at dha.gov.za,.

You need to subscribe first before you can make payments to DHA.

Here's how:
Click on Transact.
Under Pay, click My Bills.
Confirm the T's and C's by accepting
Search for DHA and subscribe before processing a payment.
Then process a payment.

The bank branches are also listed on the website.

You can check 2–4 weeks in advance for available dates.

If you would like to get more information about ID and passport booking, please visit the home affairs page at: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/civic-services/travel-documents.

Please let us know if you still require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Standard Bank Team

Neereshnee
Occasional Visitor

I have paid for the passport online- however when attemping to book a date is says no slots available( even after typing manually). You can't even book further as only 1 month shows.

Please assist at soonest.

Regards 

OI9407
Occasional Visitor
I have done all of the above, yet it still says no timeslots available. Home affairs do not answer all of their numbers, including the helpline. Advise on the next steps forward.
Gillybee
New Contributor
I need a booking.ive done everything else Payment made.your branch needs to give me a date to do biometrics
ArvindH
New Contributor

Dear Standard Bank Team,

Thank you for the diplomatic response to the queries raised.

However, you are still not assisting in our plight.

We have made the online application.

We have paid for the services.

We have logged onto the internet banking, and processed the transactions under Bills for DHA.

The payment status on the eHomeAffairs website is reflected as "Complete Successfully".

However, irrespective of the date, day or time, we are unable to make an online booking to have our finger prints taken at the Kingsmead branch.

I have personally logged into the eHomeAffairs website as various times in a day, since 12th January 2024, even at midnight, but the when attempting to make a booking, the constant message received is "

• No timeslots are available for your specified criteria; please revise your selection criteria.

The above message is received even if the selection criteria is changed.

Therefore, please assist us with making a booking at the Kingsmead branch to have our finger prints taken for our ID Card and Passport applications.

With regards,

Arvind Hiralall

bennyp

ive tried using different date combinations, ive even used a month as date frame but still wont get me pass the time slot thingy....

can standard bank not make enquiries with DHA on our behalf?

FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Good morning, Gillybee.

ID and passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process, and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Once the application has been initiated at dha.gov.za,.

You need to subscribe first before you can make payments to DHA.

Here's how:

Click on Transact.
Under Pay, click My Bills.
Confirm the T's and C's by accepting
Search for DHA and subscribe before processing a payment.
Then process a payment.

The bank branches are also listed on the website.

You can check 2–4 weeks in advance for available dates.

If you would like to get more information about ID and passport booking, please visit the home affairs page at: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/civic-services/travel-documents.

Please let us know if you still require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Standard Bank Team
Gillybee
New Contributor

i am so annoyed. My mum is a pensioner and we paid for the service. Im a trying to make a booking and it says no available slots.My sister was wanting to treat her for bithday in March and no what does one do,Please can some get back to me asap to arrange a booking. 

super Angry. Why take the money is there is no available slots 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Lucilleshabally.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We have shared steps to follow and a team to reach out to should you have issues with placing a booking.

Please tell us if you have taken some time to follow the instructions we've shared.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Lucilleshabally
I would be like to make an appointment to renew my expired passport
Niveshan_Moodly

I am having the exact same issue. Online forms completed, payment processed and then cannot move any further with a booking. been trying to make a booking for a week now. 

@Rish_Singh wrote:

Dear Team,

Has there been any further update to this?

I have tried for several weeks with no success!

I have spoken to my banker and still there is no progress - This is quite disappointing as we went this route to avoid the madness at DHA Offices and now we are forced to go to Home Affairs - Why offer the service if its never online at Kingsmead?

sent 3 emails and made 2 calls to the lady from DHA and not received a single reply or feedback. 

grossly frustrating. 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @JGJVisser1964.

We appreciate you getting back to us.

Please be aware that Standard Bank can only process payments following the start of an application.

Any reservations-related concerns should be addressed directly with Home Affairs.

If you would like to make any inquiries regarding reservations or applications, you can find the information we provided on the home affairs website.

We're interested in knowing what you think about this.

With regards,

Team Standard Bank