Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

PayPal

Solved
zukhanye5
New Contributor
I will new to PayPal to link the accounts.
zukhanye5
New Contributor

@StandardBank wrote:

Hi Zee12,

You will need to go into the branch to link the accounts.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

celly

I went into the branch and they had no clue what to do. 

Gave me a number to phone, and no response whatsoever. 

TECHNODYME
New Contributor

Hi Arynguiney

kindly share your response from the paypal facebok page given to you by Standardbank (that is if you did)

Thank you

Kind regards

Ignatius G.K.Nkrumah (Developer)

TECHNODYME - Extending the beauty of technology!

www.technodyme.com

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please refer to PayPal for assistance on this matter https://www.facebook.com/paypalza/

arynguiney
Visitor

Standard Bank Team

Please answer the question that is being repeatedly asked on the forum! And one which I would also like an answer to...

Please note  - we are NOT asking how to PAY money IN to PayPal for purchases.

The question is: how do Standard Bank members access/WITHDRAW funds they hae earned FROM PayPal IN to their Standard Bank accounts? And if this is not an option offered by Standard Bank - why not? If FNB offers this service why not our bank? 

These days with so many people using PayPal as a way to transact and as a business tool it is an essential requirement for many bank customers.

TECHNODYME
New Contributor

Hi, PayPah does not link debit cards from outside US.

Thank you

Regards

Ignatius G.K. Nkrumah (Developer)

TECHNODYME

www.technodyme.com

TECHNODYME
New Contributor

Hi,

kindly ensure that your PAYPAL account is a business/personal type. Secondly PAYPAL offers widthrawal option from Standard Bank but it currently does withFNB.

As we stated earlier in our tutorials, PayPal does not provide the option for non-US account holders to add their bank to their account, however, you can add your Credit/Visa/cheaque cards toyour PayPal account. in this regard you do not need to transfer fund as PayPal will take the funds directly from your credit/visa/cheaque card.

Please note that you can not add a debit card from South Africa even though it says so on the PayPal website.

How to add a Credit/Visa/Cheaque card to PayPal account in South Africa

Please note that you will need a minimun balance of atleast R50 in your account.

1. Login to your PayPal account
  2. Click on Profile, from the dropdown menu, click on your account name (business name or name used in creating your account)
  3. On the left Menu click on My Money
  4. Click on the update link next to Debit and Credit cards
  5. Then click on the link that says Add card
  6. Fill in your card details and click on Add card at the bottom of the page
  7. Your account will go through a verification process, an amount ( approximately USD1) will be deducted from your card and re-deposited within the same day or the next day. Please follow the instructions that will be sent to your e-mail.
  8. Done! you can make pruchases online without depositing money into your paypal accpount. The money will be taken from your account by PayPal directly.

NB:

Unfortunately there is no option for direct widthrawal from your PayPal account to Standard Bank account at the moment. Let's hope standard bank implements this option soon! But this option can get you going if you want to make online purchases.

We hope this helps.

Thank you

Kind regards

Ignatius G.K.Nkrumah (Developer)

TECHNODYME - Extending the beauty of technology!

www.technodyme.com

KimG86
Occasional Visitor

Hi guys,

Been following all the input on here in the struggle to get my standard bank account linked via paypal - but I don't see any options of choosing South Africa when it comes to withdrawing - it only seems to want to allow me to add a U.S. bank account. Am I not seeing what you have mentioned about Withdraw & choosing South Africa from Home ? Maybe a screenshot in this case could help a lot? 

TECHNODYME
New Contributor

Hi all,

Tgis is the little advise we can give to our community members who are having challenges with Standatd bank and paypal.

First of all it looks as if Standard bank does not have that close relationship with PayPal in terms of srervices and product setups. but the clue is that you can link your VISA/Mastercard (NOT a debit card) to your PAYPAL account.

With this option you do not need to make a DEPOSIT into yoyr PayPal account fro your standardbank account as PayPal would alway deduct the amount of transaction from from your VISA card. (Instructions to link your Visa card below)

Widthdrawal , you need to click on home and next to your balance click wifthdraw and choose South Africa follow the next step and if you are successful you will need to give a 1 to 4 days period for this transaction to take place.

Linking your VISA Card to PayPal Business Account

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please email your query to [email protected].

1moleko

So I have to contact Standard bank Team to help link with paypal

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Ferdie,

If you would like to link your Paypal account you would have to contact them to link it with your Standard Bank account.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Ferdie

I also have created a PayPal Account.  We provide a service to customers that pay us in USD.  I would like to pay this money into our credit card that is already added on our PayPal profile.  How do I pay money from paypal into our credit card account?

karlsmit
New Contributor

I ahve created a PayPal account to sell products online. I do not wish to buy through paypal, only to sell. How do I connect my Standard Bank account to Paypal to recieve payments?

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Pxc,

You will need to contact Paypal so that they can link your Standard Bak account with your Paypal account.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

pxc
Occasional Visitor

dear comunity can you please help me

i have oppened a paypal account as a merchant the reason for this is simple it is more conveniant for me as i render services to various overseas clients i would like to know how do i link my standard bank account with my pay pal account as my card is always being rejected by paypal it is a debit card i do not see why i am being rejected by them

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi DeidreWolmarans,

That is the truth. You will need Paypal to do the link on their side as it is not a Standard Bank product.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

DeidreWolmarans
Visitor

General enquiries advised your PayPal services have been canceleed and I will need to ask PayPal to link the accounts. 

Please can I have a collective answer? 

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Zee12,

You will need to go into the branch to link the accounts.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team