Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

PayPal

Solved
Lona
I've to 2 branches in witbank no one knows how to help me.
Siya3
Occasional Visitor
My card wont allow me to register
DAG
How do I link my pay pal and savings account
Wilhelmina08
I have a similar problem. but it keeps saying this card is not accepted. what do i do now?
Ran
New Contributor
Hi. Have you submitted your documents to be verified? FNB needs you to submit documents like your ID/Passport, and proof of address(any utility bill, letter from Old Mutual. etc. NOT OLDER THAN 3 MONTHS with your name and address on it). If you already did so then it may still be in the process to be verified. They usually send an email to let you know that it's been verified. After verification you should be good to link your profile.
Resoketswe
New Contributor

Thanks. I'd decided on that.

Bridgitte
New Contributor
Hi, The best is to link a credit card or current account.
Resoketswe
New Contributor

Hey,

Thanks for the response. But how do I link the card when paypal won't let me link south african stuff?

Bridgitte
New Contributor
Resoketswe, you should be linking a card, not your online profile. You link that on Paypal. Hope that helps.
Resoketswe
New Contributor

I have tried Brigitte's way but I don't even get the option that tells me to withdraw money. And when I try to link my FNB online profile to my PayPal I get an error message telling me I have outstanding Fica requirements. This is so frustrating.

Ran
New Contributor

Hi, just scroll up and follow all the steps from the member:"Bridgitte". You don't have to switch from Standarbank to FNB. You only need to create an online profile with FNB on their website. They will link your online profile with Paypal, and Standardbank, or any other bank you choose.

MegganRonald
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I recently opened a Paypal account, I get paid for online work into this account, I attached my Standard Bank Cheque account to my Paypal, but I cannot withdraw my money.  I went to the Standard bank branch in Bredell, Kempton Park and they could not help me, they told me that I must go to FNB because Paypal is linked with them, even though I am not a FNB customer.  I have looked on the FNB website and the only way FNB can help me is if I switch to FNB, I do not want to switch, I like being with Standard bank... Please assist me with my Paypal account?

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @BreauzRec,

The best way to resolve this is only if you are using a cheque or credit card for your on-line transactions as you will be required to use the CVV for your account verification as a security measure. 

Please note that you can't add a debit card from South Africa even though it says so on the PayPal website.

How to add a Credit/Visa/cheque card to PayPal account in South Africa

Please note that you will need a minimum balance on your account.

1. Login to your PayPal account
  2. Click on Profile, from the dropdown menu, click on your account name (business name or name used in creating your account)
  3. On the left Menu click on My Money
  4. Click on the update link next to Debit and Credit cards
  5. Then click on the link that says Add card
  6. Fill in your card details and click on Add card at the bottom of the page
  7.  Please follow the instructions that will be sent to your e-mail.
  8. Done! you can make purchase on-line without depositing money into your PayPal account. The money will be taken from your account by PayPal directly.

Note: The only time the system will request the routing number is only if you are using the debit card/debit account. 

Let me know if this was helpful.

Regards,

Boitumelo

BreauzRec
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I would  like tofind outhow i can contact paypal concerning the link of my standard bank account to paypal.

Cheers!

Ran
New Contributor

Thank You Bridgitte.

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Mpho1,

The best way to resolve this is only if you are using a cheque or credit card for your on-line transactions as you will be required to use the CVV for your account verification as a security measure. 

Please note that you can't add a debit card from South Africa even though it says so on the PayPal website.

How to add a Credit/Visa/cheque card to PayPal account in South Africa

Please note that you will need a minimum balance on your account.

1. Login to your PayPal account
  2. Click on Profile, from the dropdown menu, click on your account name (business name or name used in creating your account)
  3. On the left Menu click on My Money
  4. Click on the update link next to Debit and Credit cards
  5. Then click on the link that says Add card
  6. Fill in your card details and click on Add card at the bottom of the page
  7.  Please follow the instructions that will be sent to your e-mail.
  8. Done! you can make purchase on-line without depositing money into your PayPal account. The money will be taken from your account by PayPal directly.

Note: The only time the system will request the routing number is only if you are using the debit card/debit account. 

Let me know if this was helpful.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Mpho1
I have the same problem
Bridgitte
New Contributor

I hope this helps everyone.

You can definitely withdraw your money to your Standard bank account or to any other local bank account for that matter. At this time, the option to withdraw funds to a card is not yet available in compliance with your local banking regulations. 

Please note that the process to link your Standard bank and to withdrawals to it are done on the FNB website.  If you have a non-FNB bank account, you just need to create an FNB online profile by visiting www.fnb.co.za. Again,  just an online profile not an account with FNB. You can also contact FNB’s customer service at +27 875729725 press option 1.

I have outlined the easy steps on how to create an FNB Online Banking Profile:

1. Go to FNB’s website, www.fnb.co.za

2. Click "Register" on top of the page.

3. Select "Register for PayPal" on the "PayPal for Non-FNB Customer" Column.

4. Select "For Me" or "For my Business" on the Register for PayPal page.

5. Click " I do not bank with FNB" on the dropdown menu.

6. Fill out all the needed information and click "Submit

After linking your PayPal account to your FNB Online Banking profile, please follow the steps below to transfer money from your PayPal account to your South African bank account: 

1. Log in to your FNB account at www.fnb.co.za.

2. Click My bank accounts or Forex tab.

3. Click Menu.

4. Click PayPal Services, then click Menu.

5. Click Withdraw from PayPal.

6. Enter the withdrawal amount in US Dollars. (Please make sure you have enough money in your PayPal balance to complete this withdrawal.)

7. Click Get Quote.

8. Follow the instructions to confirm the exchange rate, the Rand amount you will receive, and the transaction terms and conditions.

9. You’ll be taken back to the PayPal website to login and review the amount you are transferring to your FNB account.

10. After completing this, you’ll be returned to the FNB site to click on Finish.

I assure you that the money will be transferred to your local bank account in 5 to 8 business days.

This is a response from Paypal.  Make sure to link your card first.  It worked for me :-)

freddy2017

Hi, i have a question regarding widrawing from paypal account from my standard charter bank account in Bahrain.

First of all i was trying to create or link a bank account. When i click link a bank account it redirects me the below.

In savings asking for Routing number and Account number.
I called standard and they have no idea about the routing number.

http://imgur.com/M54bDSy
http://imgur.com/5j64Kiz

Does anyone have any solution?

Fred

Psdesi
New Contributor
Hi @ Standard Bank Team, I have a online trading account, not with standard bank and was funding it using my standard bank card. will this affect my banking with you as I see this has affected my trading ? I can't continue using it or was it stopped automatically by card. As for the part of my broker there is no problem on them.