Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

PayPal

Solved
Bronna1
Visitor
Me Too, up your game standard bank.
Mbalz
Occasional Visitor
Please help how can l reverse money paid by Paypal
PulengS
Can't you do that on the banking app?
Mervs
New Contributor
logon to PayPal account then add new car simple as that.
MJS1
New Contributor

I went to a branch and was told it's not possible to use PayPal with Standard Bank. Do you have other online payment options for the transfer of international funds instead of PayPal?

JA71
Visitor

Hi People,

Please I have read most of the posts on Paypal and std bank SA.

Surely in 2020 Std bank must have a solution for Paypal. I have spent hours trying to get linked, but what a nightmare.

If I link a credit card, I want to withdraw money NOT pay into it.

Funds are from services I offer to the UK and paid in US$.

Please if anyone can give me accurate info, I would be very thankful.

My private bankers cannot assist , si who can??

Very, very frustrated.

Thanks

Cheers

MJS1
New Contributor

Please can you confirm that if I go into a Standard Bank branch I will be able to connect my PayPal account and transfer money into my acccount with you?

Thanks

Treezcartel
Can you please help me to link my paypal
Otsilekay
Do I have to have to open a credit card account to link to my PayPal account?
Godfrey_89
Occasional Visitor
Standard bank, poor service always 😔
goodstuffpro
Occasional Visitor
Same here. I get emails from Google Ads and PayPal that my card is being rejected by my paying bank?
Mathabo92
I am trying to link my Lesotho standard bank card to my PayPal account but to no avail.
Th3urtell
And it specifically states your card was declined by issuing Bank, contact your card issuer.
Morsjors
New Contributor

Go the FNB route...

https://www.online.fnb.co.za/banking/main.jsp?country=15&skin=0&nav=registration.navigator.Registrat...

you can create a FNB Profile free without an account.

Hope Standardbank get with the times soon...

Morsjors
New Contributor

Apparently FNB has an Online Feature that makes it easier to link an account with PayPal...

Will try that out as my bank seem to struggle with this.

Seepsteen
New Contributor

Please check, but if I am not mistaken it has to be a credit card that you link to your paypal account on Paypal. I have been using it for 12 years and have 2 credit cards linked from 2 different banks. At FNB you can link your paypal account to your FNB transaction account on their browser application, to transfer Paypal $ to your local ZAR account.

Jpa
Occasional Visitor
Now that our branch in Lambton Germiston has closed...... Where do I go now or what els can I do?
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Simba3 

How to add a Credit/Visa/Cheque card to PayPal account in South Africa

Please note that you can't add your debit card.

1. Login to your PayPal account
  2. Click on Profile, from the drop down menu, click on your account name (business name or name used in creating your account)
  3. On the left Menu click on My Money
  4. Click on the update link next to Debit and Credit cards
  5. Then click on the link that says Add card
  6. Fill in your card details and click on Add card at the bottom of the page
  7. Your account will go through a verification process, an amount ( approximately USD1) will be deducted from your card and re-deposited within the same day or the next day. Please follow the instructions that will be sent to your e-mail.
  8. Done! you can make purchases online without depositing money into your paypal account. The money will be taken from your account by PayPal directly.

Do let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Simba3
Is there a solution already
Bridgitte
New Contributor
Bridgitte Lesley <[email protected]>
11:19 PM (0 minutes ago)

to Standard

Lona, No, you might even walk in to an FNB and they won't know what Paypal is.  Go to FNB (on the internet) and set up your Internet Banking.  Think of it as a vessel carrying you somewhere.  You don't even have to be a client of theirs.  The only time you are going to use FNB is when you use it for your Paypal funds.  Once you have that go to Paypal and start setting everything up there.  That is where you link your cards.  Remember, when you withdraw from Paypal, you go on to FNB and through them you can withdraw to any other bank account.  Hope that helps a little.  Bridgitte