Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

PayPal

Solved
DG6
Occasional Visitor
How to link my PayPal account with my standard bank account
Fourieveron
U can't link PayPal to your card u can only link your card to paypel
Tiger4
Same here, date 10-04-22

Please help
TJKazembe

How do i link my Paypal account with my standard bank account?

regards

Luhodla
New Contributor
Ilana10
Community Coordinator

Hello Vduplooy29,

Please email your query to [email protected] for assistance, including your contact details. 

Vduplooy29
New Contributor
Hallo ther I need help to link my standard account with PayPal
Vduplooy29
New Contributor
Hlo would like to link my standard account with PayPal
Eliquam
New Contributor
Link my bank account with pay pal
Eliquam
New Contributor
I with to link my account with paypal account
AngelllsCrs
Occasional Contributor

PayPal is a service through which you can transfer money online quickly and easily. Creating a PayPal account ensures instant transactions. The first and most important advantage of the PayPal service is the simplicity with which you can make online transactions. But when I need and go to clubs with a lot of money, I use Maxpay, a transaction program that helps large companies to pay large sums. When I want to impress a girl, I just show her the bank account XD.

Samuelbenoah
New Contributor
Virtual card
Jennagarratt
I went into standard bank branch waiting over an hour just to be told he doesn’t know how PayPal works !!!
Phumza28
Occasional Visitor
JabezPeter
Occasional Visitor

I am from the bank right now. And they said they don't do that in branches.

Ndlovud
Hello.
My PayPal is already linked with my account
I was using it before the current problem, now it just sends back a massage saying there's a problem with the card issuer when payment is suppose to process.
JVC28
How do i link to my Std Bank acct
SiyandaN
Occasional Visitor
This will not help at all I tried it and tried to withdraw the money but Standard Bank simply rejects the deposit and sends it back to your PayPal Account in a period of 24 hours. But here is the Routing No. So try it for yourself: 043000847.

From what I’ve discovered and as proof, read in this thread, is that for the past five years Standard Bank has not done anything to help customers when it comes to PayPal withdrawals in South Africa, which is very unprofessional.

The best solution you can hope for is the FNB route method, as explained by some folks above.

Don't bother visiting any branch they because they don’t even know what PayPal is!

I’ve manage to link my PayPal to my FNB Online Account, however I’m still having difficulty withdrawing as my online account simply state that my Standard bank Account is still pending to be verified, even though it been well over a month for a process that was meant to be done within 24 Hours. And I have no solution for this because the people at Standard Bank also have no clue!
Mikescoza
Occasional Visitor

need the routing number of check account

DaleSwartz
Regular Visitor
Many years ago when PayPal first came to SA, FNB was the first to endorse PayPal services. Then FNB and PayPal signed a contract that prevents any other SA bank from withdrawing funds from your PayPal account. So this is why you must go through the FNB internet banking portal to transfer funds from your PayPal account into an SA bank account. You dont need to be an FNB account holder, just register and link your Standard bank current/cheque account to your FNB Paypal online profile.

This does not apply to paying for goods online with PayPal. This you can do with any credit card linked to your PayPal account.