Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Personal loan offer more than what i needed

1 REPLY 1
Monti95
Hi there am looking for a personal loan
Nkuli1
Occasional Visitor

I applied for a term loan of R30 000 using an online facility. I got a quick response that the aloan has been approved and attached was a pre-agreement contract. I realized that the amount that was approved was R73 700. I then called customer care since the money was not yet deposited into my account to let them know that the money approved is not what i inteded to borrow. The consultant told me that the amount that i see on the pre-agreement contract is what i qualify for but they are not going to peocess it without calling me to confirm it i want to take the maximum that i qualify for. She told me that i must wait i am going to be called. Later that day i had R73 700 deposited onto my account and i didnt receive any phone call as it was said by the consultant. I then callled them the following day which was Tuesday and they told me that there is nothing the consultant can do i have to send an email to [email protected] of which i did and i have been sending emails since Tuesday and i havent received any response or acknowledgement of receipt of my email. I resorted on the official facebook account of standard bank and the person who responded said i will be contacted by "the team" shortly. Still no one has contacted me. I have exhasuted all the options that are possible to me at the moment and now i am just sitting and i havent used the money even the one that i so urgently needed. Calling, emailing has proven to be futile