Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Proof of Payment

9 REPLIES 9
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @richardhiscock.

Thank you for getting in touch, and no, it is not leading.

To download proof of payment, follow the steps below:

• Go to the home screen and select the account you made the payment from.
  • Select transactions from the menu at the top of the screen.
  • Select Load More Transactions to see more of your transactions.
  • Find and select the beneficiary payment you made from your list of transactions. (Your beneficiary payment will be shown as: IB payment to.)
  • Open the proof of payment menu options on the transaction details screen.
  • Select send or download.

Please let me know if this solution helps.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team.

richardhiscock

Is there no reply to the above question!! Is FNB leading the way here?

fungikumbi

Hi SB team

With FNB here is what happens.
1. The paying person (an FNB client) sends you a POP document (PDF, or SMS) with a reference code.

2. You the recieving person (non-FNB client) goes to the FNB website and enters the code. FNB verifies and tells you whether the payment has been made.
That way you do not have to wait until the next day for funds to reflect and you also avoid the risk of being spoofed with fake SMSes or emails.

Question: Does Standard bank offer similar functionality? Where a non-Standard Bank client verify whether a claimed payment is ligitimate or not. And SMS or email can be faked and is not adequate verification.

Thank you

Jupiter

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello eBukhosini,

When making payment online, you are able to send yourself or the beneficiary proof of payment via SMS or on email.

Regards,

Standard Bank team

eBukhosini
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I realise that this question was asked in 2017. Please tell me that the online platform now has the functionality for us to check ourselves.

Like in FNB, I need to be able to check using a transaction reference if a payment was made or not.

Please check and advise.

@Boitumelo wrote:

Hello there,

The best way to resolve this will be to forward us a mail with your query and full account details. We will investigate the transaction and feedback accordingly.

Please mail us here: [email protected].

Please let me know should you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Boitumelo

@Boitumelo wrote:

Hello there,

The best way to resolve this will be to forward us a mail with your query and full account details. We will investigate the transaction and feedback accordingly.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello there,

Regards,

Boitumelo

Stb-crapservice
We would like to verify a POP because it takes forever for a payment to actually reflex and we would like to verify if the payment was actually made and not a scam. So how do you verify/check/cross check/follow up a proof of payment received.
fanie_dp
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

I am not sure I understand your query. Please explain to me why you are trying to verify your proof of payment, so I can assist you.

mukharin

Good day

How do i verify a proof of payment?